Chris Yates frisbee and Shove-ha'penny

Do you know of a good traditional fishing tackle shop, past and present.
Thameside
Gudgeon

Re: Chris Yates frisbee and Shove-ha'penny

Post by Thameside »

Wife grew up by Woolwich Arsenal & they would catch flounder down at Woolwich.
I had seen a programme once where they were fishing opposite Houses of Parliament with beach gear & wearing flotation suits.
I am not sure if that was something like Screaming Reels.
In one episode of A Cook on the Wild Side, Hugh a Carp by Battersea Power Station

Mr B
Arctic Char

Re: Chris Yates frisbee and Shove-ha'penny

Post by Mr B »

Thameside wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:48 am Wife grew up by Woolwich Arsenal & they would catch flounder down at Woolwich.
I had seen a programme once where they were fishing opposite Houses of Parliament with beach gear & wearing flotation suits.
I am not sure if that was something like Screaming Reels.
In one episode of A Cook on the Wild Side, Hugh a Carp by Battersea Power Station
That's funny I did reply to this one with a photo?
( must have done something wrong)
Yes, I have a few anglers who fish along there.
The program you mentioned rings a bell too.
I chanced upon this happy family fishing, you cant mistake the backdrop!
I was talking to them about the fishing ( helped to get a tangle out of his daughters reel)
Bass, Flounder and Eels ... they wasn't really targeting course fish. They put all there gear on bike kid's trailers that as Bill said " there the best trailers around for fishing"
Going back to the tackle shop theme ... was there a tackle shop in Woolwich? I know there was one in Plumpstead.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Return to “Traditional Fishing Tackle Shops, Past and Present”