A new pair of braces.

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Iasgair
Chub

Re: A new pair of braces.

Post by Iasgair »

I prefer wearing suspenders / braces. The waist of my trousers feel better around me than a belt does. Plus they are classic. I like the kind that is made of leather with trigger snaps for dress occasions like church, but the plain work suspenders is what I wear most.

If you want to see many different types of braces / suspenders, this is where I shop from because of their very big variety.

https://www.suspenderstore.com/Shop-By- ... r-Styles/
Worry less about who you might offend, and care more about who you might inspire.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

534 varieties to choose from!! I prefer 2in wide - button end versions.

With oversize 42/44 waist trousers it leaves your middle unrestricted with no cutting off your blood supply when you bend to pick up your dropped hook (if you can see it - magnets are good) or ledger weight! Trousers are turned into bib'n'brace. More comfortable I find!

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Blimey I'm 51 and guaranteed ancient before my time. One thing about braces is there are very few belt mounted tools/accessories that transition the 90° well

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Iasgair wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:16 am I prefer wearing suspenders / braces. The waist of my trousers feel better around me than a belt does. Plus they are classic. I like the kind that is made of leather with trigger snaps for dress occasions like church, but the plain work suspenders is what I wear most.

If you want to see many different types of braces / suspenders, this is where I shop from because of their very big variety.

https://www.suspenderstore.com/Shop-By- ... r-Styles/
A good selection there mate, and good prices too.
Its the posting from USA thats s killer.
Enjoyed all the comments above gents.
Can relate to them all.
Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

You can - as I occasionally do - wear a belt just for my camera to be attached to! But of course it can be loose fitting - - and with the braces doing all the hard work - - not lose your trews!

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

I only wear braces with a suit but I always opt for button ones as I think they are more comfortable and the trousers hang better than with the metal clips.

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Dom Andrew
Rudd

Post by Dom Andrew »

High waist trouser are best for keeping the shirt tucked in, and they tend not to sag down either.
Trouble is trying to find everyday trousers with a high waist; virtually impossible in the UK. Might be different in America though, for if you have seen ‘The Sopranos’ they are all wearing high waisted trousers.

:Hat:

MWithell
Chub

Post by MWithell »

Interesting article on this subject
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... -debenhams
Malcolm

Catching lob-worms is one of the greater Outdoor Sports. It is the most hilarious game in the world (John C Moore)

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”