Carp book conveyor belt

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Aitch
Pike

Re: Carp book conveyor belt

Post by Aitch »

Olly wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:38 pm A Modern Traditional setup!
Or vice versa...? 😛
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Often the best way in my experiences :Sun:

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

If electrical alarms were made of old English Oak we would all be using them.Now,where's my saw and tools!
Like the Mosquito they would be called the Wooden Wonder.Blimey,this has got me thinking now.Next year Rodder's........

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

If an electronic alarm was good enough for Dick Walker and Fred J Taylor its good enough for me... :Hat:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Jack Hilton's book was an early example of a dedicated angler sharing his knowledge, however, sitting behind a par-boiled potato mounted on a treble hook, is perhaps not a leading light that should be followed by anybody.

George Sharman took the carp world to a new level then Rod Hutchinson and Kevin Maddocks lit a short fuse that ignited a revolution. I far prefer Rod Hitchinson's book as he would show his weaknesses with a sense of humour alongside his phenomenal successes.

I have bought lots of carp books for my lad as he is far keener than I and secondly, because he cannot afford them himself. I get them back to read but very few get finished. Terry Hearn apart, most are regurgitated tosh and many are aimed at the sort of undesirables that give the sport a bad name. There is more mention of 'guesting', drinking, wind-ups and masturbation than there is of watercraft and skill.

The problem is, many carp anglers will buy anything to do with their pass time and the conveyor belt just keeps rolling.

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

Aitch wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:52 pm If an electronic alarm was good enough for Dick Walker and Fred J Taylor its good enough for me... :Hat:
I believe Nigel Hudson(Fennel) was punished by the GSC for using "alarming bite sindicators" He was using an old set of Heron's that had belonged to Dick Walker!

Russell Brown
Rudd

Post by Russell Brown »

Crickey,so many interesting replies to my 'conveyor belt' communique.Yes,I loved Hutchy too and I also gleaned anything that was penned by Peter Springate.Also enjoyed Sharman's CATCA.Lent it to a mate mid 80's........ Haven't seen it since 😎

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

Fishing at Priory Park in Southend - Jim Gibbinson haunt- with two rods in the 70s.

One of the local lads saw us fishing with 2 rods and Herons- he rushed off to bring his mates to see the " spacemen" visitors!

JAA
Crucian Carp

Post by JAA »

Aitch wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:19 pm But whilst I'm here, please lets not forget that many of us still fish for carp with varying levels of traditionalism

This was me on tuesday till thursday last week...
Sharpes 9'3&6" mated to Abu77 Cardinals, yes the alarms are modern in the interests of fish safety but the rigs were stock 1oz running leads to that new fangled hair rig baited with maize... suffice it to say I never had a touch, yet I thoroughly enjoyed every minute...
Ah...I was trying to work that out - I'm more of a '66X man myself. How do the 77's compare?
¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯ ><(((º>
Cole aka JAA
https://crucians.org/
https://www.anotherangler.net/

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

Ian.R.McDonald wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:23 pm Fishing at Priory Park in Southend - Jim Gibbinson haunt- with two rods in the 70s.

One of the local lads saw us fishing with 2 rods and Herons- he rushed off to bring his mates to see the " spacemen" visitors!
Nowadays the comment would be "look at that old fella,he's only using one rod!"

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”