G&Y Sea Jecta Deluxe!

The Grice and Young Reels forum.
Cat
Chub

G&Y Sea Jecta Deluxe!

Post by Cat »

Evening All,
I picked up a Sea Jecta Deluxe over the weekend. After cleaning and oiling it doesn't spin like a dream, has a bit of wobble, a dint in the rim and quite serious salt damage to on of the posts (is there anything more I can do to this having already cleaned it off with wire wool / is it possible to make an arbour?), but I like it and it works. I assume they don't spin like a silky ARS, but hope it will make a good margin carp reel cometh the season.
I will add to what has been posted previously, G&Y pins are intriguing, built like tanks (slightly more robust than those Russian ones we disturbingly see on the news at the moment) and are somewhat addictive.
Regards Cat

Russell Brown
Rudd

Re: G&Y Sea Jecta Deluxe!

Post by Russell Brown »

If the post isn't badly pitted and has no sharp edges I would leave as is.A nice 'splash it all over' with WD40 is always good.

Russell Brown
Rudd

Post by Russell Brown »

Or.........Go round all the posts with black electrical tape for that 'black electrical tape arbour' look.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

I think I have some spares if ever required Cat. I certainly did have one for breaking..... The break set up, with the white nylon at the bottom of the pin (from memory?) makes them less than free spinning, but that can be an advantage in many circumstances like trolling and margin fishing

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

Thank you both. I think I've got most of it working reasonably well - it's 'only' the spool that's a bit tired and wobbly, so if you have one knocking around and spare, it would be greatly appreciated Liphook, but the world won't end if not (well, not due to that anyway)! I agree the fact it doesn't spin like something Garry Mills has made isn't an issue.
Regards Cat

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

I think I have one without the centre boss aka spool cap Cat? I'll get in the shed when I go home for my tea :Hat:

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

Thanks.. don't bust a gut over it, but I'll swap it for something if you have. Thanks Cat

Return to “Grice and Young Reels”