Greetings from France

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Barbelbonce
Rudd

Re: Greetings from France

Post by Barbelbonce »

Soyez le bienvenu, Nicolas!
Sologne is a BIG area!
And the fishing in your part of Sologne? I suppose you may be between the Loire and the Cher?
Mike

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

For those that are interested, here is a link to a French vintage fishing tackle site.
http://jmd.vefblog.net/74.html
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Wanderer
Arctic Char

Post by Wanderer »

Hello and welcome Golden Scale.

All the best.
"Not all those who Wander are Lost !"

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Post by Duebel »

Coral Maestro wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:39 am For those that are interested, here is a link to a French vintage fishing tackle site.
http://jmd.vefblog.net/74.html
That's the website where I found the pictures of that rod.

Swythyn Troutbeck
Grayling

Post by Swythyn Troutbeck »

Welcome to our haven of courtesy, sagacity and all that`s best about the gentle art of angling. My little Westie dog is a Solognat and has been with me in the north of Mayenne since I got her from the elevage. It is mostly small stream fishing around here.

Troutbeck :Hat:
When I'm not fishin' I'm fettlin'

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Welcome to the forum Nicolas. :Hat:

Wal.

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

Golden_Scale wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:08 pm Greetings from France,

I am a young French enthusiast of the history of coarse angling in England, its literature and old tackle.
This forum is an incredible source of information. I have already spent hours going through fascinating subjects.

Thanks to all the contributors!

Kind regards,

Nicolas
If you're ever heading for the Cote d'Azur, get in touch. No coarse fishing down here but lots of good wine. And of cours Socca!
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Tom
Rudd

Post by Tom »

WELCOME!
Tom

Golden_Scale
Stickleback

Post by Golden_Scale »

Thank you again for your warm welcome and your messages.
Olly wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:12 pm Le canal a Pont de Briare! Magnifique! :Hat:

J'ai peche La Loire aussi et vois un silure pres de cent poids! Mon ami a un restaurant/hotel dans Coullons - malheuresment il est mort - vingt annee et plus. Il a peche dans le centrale nucleaire. :secret:
:cheers:
Was it the restaurant called 'la Canardière' in the center of Coullons?
The famous carp from the Dampierre power plant pond!
Coral Maestro wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:28 pm Welcome to the forum Nicolas! I live in the Correze near Brive so not a long way from you. Where do you fish and what do you fish for?
I lived for some time near Limoges and I came regularly to this beautiful city of Brive or to Tulle. I fished trout there in beautiful places.
I fish for different species but I have to confess that I have an obsession for carp. I appreciate wild places or abandoned ponds. I use split bamboo rods and I fish with a float or 'freelining' which is rather unusual and always raises a lot of questions from people I meet on the banks.
Duebel wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:53 pm An inline rod made of Spanish reed (?) - can it get any more intriguing?
Maybe you can find out more about this ...
Hi Duebuel,
I knew this website but I have never seen a rod identical to this one. The brand is also unknown to me.
Barbelbonce wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:09 am Soyez le bienvenu, Nicolas!
Sologne is a BIG area!
And the fishing in your part of Sologne? I suppose you may be between the Loire and the Cher?
Mike
Thanks Mike!
I was previously in the Loire Valley but I am now in Cher, on the edge of Loir-et-Cher, the region of my childhood.
I recommend a film called 'l'Ecole Buisonnière' by Nicolas Vanier which captures the atmosphere of our dear Sologne.
Swythyn Troutbeck wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:04 am Welcome to our haven of courtesy, sagacity and all that`s best about the gentle art of angling. My little Westie dog is a Solognat and has been with me in the north of Mayenne since I got her from the elevage. It is mostly small stream fishing around here.

Troutbeck :Hat:
Your little Westie must have hunting in his blood. I had a Weimaraner as a companion for a long time. He had a formidable flair.
Stathamender wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:50 pm If you're ever heading for the Cote d'Azur, get in touch. No coarse fishing down here but lots of good wine. And of cours Socca!
Thanks for the invitation! Much appreciated! We'll have a wine meeting. I'll bring some Sancerre :cheers:

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Oh! My favourite Sancerre - visited there a couple of times and it is my favourite wine!

He was named John and with his wife ran the pub in Coullons. He had a small lake with catfish in it. I went several times in the late 1990/2000 with English guests night fishing the lake. Breakfast in the pub. I last visited the area and the restaurant, La Canardiere, there in about 2004. The local lake was just down the road and had carp in it - we also fished the Loire at Chatillon sur Loire near the bridge. And yes - he did get to fish that pond!!
Last edited by Olly on Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”