A brace of Roach, 8lb....

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
Sussex Micky
Arctic Char

Re: A brace of Roach, 8lb....

Post by Sussex Micky »

BoltonBullfinch wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:36 am
Sussex Micky wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:47 pm Absolutely wonderful. my congratulations , i can begin to understand how he felt inside as I caught four Roach in a session on the River Brede in 1983 with three Roach weighing just over 2lbs and the biggest weiging 2lb 8 '/2oz. knowhere in this league l know but l still remember my excitement to this day..so this is fantastic..my hat of to you sir :Hat:
That is also a session of a lifetime micky, I doubt there would be one angler on this forum who would not like to match your catch. I personally think any roach of a pound plus is a fantastic fish.

Thanks
BB
Sadly those days are long gone now, pollution over the years has wiped out Roach and Dace from the upper reaches with only the odd Chub , pike and carp which sometimes can be found but are ellusive., most fish in the River Brede are found in the lower area and then even there a pound Roach is now uncommon and you are so right any Roach a pound and over is a very nice fish indeed :Hat:

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

BoltonBullfinch wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:36 am
Sussex Micky wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:47 pm Absolutely wonderful. my congratulations , i can begin to understand how he felt inside as I caught four Roach in a session on the River Brede in 1983 with three Roach weighing just over 2lbs and the biggest weiging 2lb 8 '/2oz. knowhere in this league l know but l still remember my excitement to this day..so this is fantastic..my hat of to you sir :Hat:
That is also a session of a lifetime micky, I doubt there would be one angler on this forum who would not like to match your catch. I personally think any roach of a pound plus is a fantastic fish.

Thanks
BB
Spot on. I only have one real angling hope/wish/ambition now and that’s a Wensum two pounder. To get three in one session is the stuff of legend!
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Martin James
Eel

Post by Martin James »

What an amazing brace of roach, it’s not the stuff of dreams, as I doubt we would have such a wonderful moment.

Return to “Fishing Films”