Lovely surprise

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Mercman
Roach

Re: Lovely surprise

Post by Mercman »

Very nice

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Troydog wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:56 pm Lots of snacks Catfish.017 ! That is funny. I have a fishing buddy (TFF member) who has a 12year old grandson. This boy has been treated to 5lb chub, double figure pike, big barbel on the Wye. He has also caught 5lb tench and larger carp on a syndicate water. Anyway, last week they went out again, and, as usual, the boy started the session by eating a fairly large amount of food and snacks. After about half an hour he asked to go home!!
Bless them all, these boys, in this world of instant gratification. But one thing is sure, they will never become passionate anglers….
Dear Troydog

This lad shows promise at least as far as the scoffing is concerned.....does he like tea? Train him to sing badly whilst fishing for roach and he could make a fine apprentice.

The problem is that fishing with a load of old guffs like us is that, whilst being put onto good fish etc it is all handed on plate with no real sense of self achievement or a buddy of similar age to show off to. Kids, if most of us can remember that far back don't need Molly Coddling but do need decent mates who go fishing....then interest might be there.

Like all of us I spoilt my kids thru' what I thought was kindness, putting them on to good fishing but most success was when my son took to fishing with little mate down the road, only wanting parental involvement by giving him lifts to ponds.

He still fishes sporadically but does show some interest but I will leave it up to him.

But he still loves pies and tea, so two out of three ain't bad!

As ever,.....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Wise words Moley.

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Well thank you very much Moley. You are absolutely right about kids needing mates to get the full crack out of early days fishing. As you say, old farts like us can put them on the fish, but that is nothing compared to ploughing your own furrow.
As for eating, well we have one or two weight problems with family and some friends. So for example when me and Old Wulf were on the upper Wye catching grayling on Thursday, it wasn’t long after I’d cooked a ‘full English’ that we both tucked into a couple of Neil Powell (Butchers) homemade Cornish Pasties.
Not what the diabetic nurse ordered!!
My boy is 29 now Moley, so it is well too late to have any influence on him. But he does like pies. And beer.
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Dave Burr wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:44 am Wise words Moley.
Sometimes Fatty can be sensible...not often mind.

It's not good for reputation.
Troydog wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:11 pm Well thank you very much Moley. You are absolutely right about kids needing mates to get the full crack out of early days fishing. As you say, old farts like us can put them on the fish, but that is nothing compared to ploughing your own furrow.
As for eating, well we have one or two weight problems with family and some friends. So for example when me and Old Wulf were on the upper Wye catching grayling on Thursday, it wasn’t long after I’d cooked a ‘full English’ that we both tucked into a couple of Neil Powell (Butchers) homemade Cornish Pasties.
My boy is 29 now Moley, so it is well too late to have any influence on him. But he does like pies. And beer.
There's nowt like a good scoff when fishing...pork pies and steak pies for Fatty at any time.

Fatty laughs in the face of Diabetes and Parkinson's but should listen to the experts. Though pies are just too good and of course make my own so know what's in 'em.

My son is 35 so doesn't listen to his father but still gets excited at seeing the latest pics of 2lb plus roach.....so there is hope for him yet.

Just leave him to it and he might just rejoin the ranks of anglers. Maybe....

Fishing is a funny old game, how it gets in the blood of some and not others.

As ever,....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Dave Burr wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:44 am Wise words Moley.
Sometimes Fatty can be sensible...not often mind.

It's not good for my reputation.
Troydog wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:11 pm
Well thank you very much Moley. You are absolutely right about kids needing mates to get the full crack out of early days fishing. As you say, old farts like us can put them on the fish, but that is nothing compared to ploughing your own furrow.
There's nowt like a good scoff when fishing...pork pies and steak pies for Fatty at any time.

Fatty laughs in the face of Diabetes and Parkinson's but should listen to the experts. Though pies are just too good and of course make my own so know what's in 'em.

My son is 35 so doesn't listen to his father but still gets excited at seeing the latest pics of 2lb plus roach.....so there is hope for him yet.

Just leave him to it and he might just rejoin the ranks of anglers. Maybe....

Fishing is a funny old game, how it gets in the blood of some and not others.

As ever,....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Caneforme
Perch

Post by Caneforme »

They are gorgeous, love them.

John :)
This royal throne of kings, this sceptered isle,
This happy breed of men, this little world,
This precious stone set in the silver sea,
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”