The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 21st November 2021 - It's ON!

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Old Man River
Eel

Re: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 21st November 2021 - It's ON!

Post by Old Man River »

Deaf Cat wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:52 pm I haven’t seen anyone saying they are taking a table at Redditch.

So I will, and decorate it with detritus from the “fishing room”

Any TFF er wishing to make use of the facilities is welcome (no charge) but please warn me!

I have a handfull of TFF 10 year badges which will be available under the counter with all proceeds coming back to the TFF

Hi, I have a table and will be there , pleased to meet any and all TFF’ers .
Really looking forward to the day ! Please put a badge aside !

David
Last edited by Old Man River on Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 21st November 2021 - It's ON!

Post by AshbyCut »

Sadly, after a brush with 'one degree under,' I have accepted that I will be unable to attend ... again ... and it's my sincere hope that all who attend will thoroughly enjoy a return to as near 'normality' as we can expect. Until next time ... ENJOY !!! :Hat:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Hopefully this time next week myself and Fredline will be eagerly awaiting the doors opening to the public at Redditch! Having had Covid and felt really rough and really low, I am feeling really good again. It will be great to see some old TFF friends and also some new one's! I will be wearing my THREE TFF badges so I should be easy to spot. I have already listed some of the tackle that I have for sale, some will be collected next week but there are still some items available. If you want a top quality cane or fibreglass rod at a bargain price PM me before next week and I will put it under the table until you arrive! See you next week! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

Glad to hear that you have bounced back Ted, I hope that Redditch is a success to all going.
I had hoped that this fair was going to be my first but alas the domestic situation at present is a little precarious meaning I cant venture too far from home. Roll on next year!
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Silfield wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:23 am Glad to hear that you have bounced back Ted, I hope that Redditch is a success to all going.
I had hoped that this fair was going to be my first but alas the domestic situation at present is a little precarious meaning I cant venture too far from home. Roll on next year!
Sorry to hear that you cannot make it, for so many reasons I am particularly looking forward to this Redditch! Hope to see you next time! :Hat:
Confucius

Caneforme
Perch

Post by Caneforme »

With just a week to go Mrs Caneforme had her appointment for her Covid booster jab and it is on the Sunday of this event!!!!

However we know how to get our priority's right and Sue managed to get the first appointment at 08:40 :) It means we will not be there for doors opening time but it will not be much after.

Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible :Thumb:

John :)
This royal throne of kings, this sceptered isle,
This happy breed of men, this little world,
This precious stone set in the silver sea,
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Post by Wagtail »

I will be stalling; it will be nice to get involved with things again after withdrawing into myself for quite some time :monkeys:

My stall will have some nice Hardy rods including a restored and rare LRH '0', a Wallis Avon and glass Swingtip in virtually mint condition, several B.James/Bruce & Walker glass rods, Chapmans 500, 550 and 700, plus loads of other good makes in both cane and glass. Reels include a Hardy 4" Wallis pin :drool: , Swallow Centrepin, wide drum Speedia and many more pins and fixed spool reels. Quite a few collectable floats plus hundreds more floats of assorted vintages - all at bargain prices. Oh, and the usual weird and wonderful angling ephemera that I seem to find! :Cool:

Dare I also mention some good Optonics and (excuse the swearing) a set of Delkims will be for sale :whistle: :Scared:

Do say hello if you are passing, even better please help reduce the amount I have to take home :Thumb:
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Deaf Cat
Grayling

Post by Deaf Cat »

I have rods: from an Avocet down to a greenheart “pool cue” needing a refurb.

I have reels: from a Free Spirit Searcher through Aerials and Mitchells to StrikeRight.

I have books: from “Crazy River” through “Hooked on Floats” to “Rods, how to make them”

I have Harcork floats and Dave Austin pieces including his tri-rest

Plus I have some TFF 10 year badges (all proceeds back to the forum)

Never done this before; have to say I am terrified, but looking forward to meeting people.
Duffer - The man without skill of hand, without good eyesight and no longer young - the man who really ought to fish!
(H.M. Bateman / R.D. Peck)

OldRod
Grayling

Post by OldRod »

Caneforme wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:51 pm With just a week to go Mrs Caneforme had her appointment for her Covid booster jab and it is on the Sunday of this event!!!!

However we know how to get our priority's right and Sue managed to get the first appointment at 08:40 :) It means we will not be there for doors opening time but it will not be much after.

Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible :Thumb:

John :)
I nearly had a heart attack when I started reading your post Caneforme, thinking you may not be there to bring me the lovely rod that you have sold to me. Phew! 😅.
Looking forward to seeing you.
All the best
Keith
At the end of the game, the pawn and the King go back into the same box........

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Deaf Cat wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:21 am I have rods: from an Avocet down to a greenheart “pool cue” needing a refurb.

I have reels: from a Free Spirit Searcher through Aerials and Mitchells to StrikeRight.

I have books: from “Crazy River” through “Hooked on Floats” to “Rods, how to make them”

I have Harcork floats and Dave Austin pieces including his tri-rest

Plus I have some TFF 10 year badges (all proceeds back to the forum)

Never done this before; have to say I am terrified, but looking forward to meeting people.
It sounds as if you will be busy! I am sure that you will enjoy it, no need to be fearful! I will hopefully find you as I am presuming you will wear a TFF badge. I will be sporting three including the 10 year one, so I am sure we will meet up!
All the best,
Ted :Hat:
Confucius

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”