The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 21st November 2021 - It's ON!

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Old Man River
Eel

Re: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 21st November 2021 - It's ON!

Post by Old Man River »

I will be there, Sadly I do not have s TFF badge, but do have a suitable photo on my table with the legend
“ Old Man River “ so should be easy to spot. With luck I may be able to source a TFF badge from some kind soul if one is available .
I cannot say that there will be a great selection of treasures on the table, but I do have a good selection of traditional Crabtree or Ingham style Nets and poles to suit, a few tackle boxes, shot tubes , the cheaper end cane and glass rods, plus other paraphenalia..
I am really looking forward to meeting and chatting with other TFF members.
This is a new adventure for me as it is the first tackle fair I have ever been to , not to even mention taking a table.

Hoping for a successfull day for us all .

David .
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

OldRod
Grayling

Re: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 21st November 2021 - It's ON!

Post by OldRod »

Like some other TFFers, I don't yet possess a proper TFF badge, but I am going to make one with the default TFF avatar, and OldRod, boldly printed on there, so you can all see who this old person is.
No tomato throwing please!
🤞 🙂
At the end of the game, the pawn and the King go back into the same box........

Deaf Cat
Grayling

Post by Deaf Cat »

See me at once.

I will have badges!

Under the Deaf Cat flag.
Duffer - The man without skill of hand, without good eyesight and no longer young - the man who really ought to fish!
(H.M. Bateman / R.D. Peck)

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Old Man River wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:09 pm I will be there, Sadly I do not have s TFF badge, but do have a suitable photo on my table with the legend
“ Old Man River “ so should be easy to spot. With luck I may be able to source a TFF badge from some kind soul if one is available .
I cannot say that there will be a great selection of treasures on the table, but I do have a good selection of traditional Crabtree or Ingham style Nets and poles to suit, a few tackle boxes, shot tubes , the cheaper end cane and glass rods, plus other paraphenalia..
I am really looking forward to meeting and chatting with other TFF members.
This is a new adventure for me as it is the first tackle fair I have ever been to , not to even mention taking a table.

Hoping for a successfull day for us all .

David .
So your a legend now - I mean I’ve known that for a long long time but self proclamation is a little too far surely :Hahaha:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

I have to cancel my appearance - sorry, I know it must come as a blow for the adoring masses but it does mean that you won't have to fight your way through the screaming hoards of young women vying for my attention.

The honorary vice president's first lady has been ailing of late and she/we are committed to corralling the grandbrats over the weekend, therefore, putting duty before pleasure :( I shall do my bit for all concerned or Father Christmas will be informed :Scared:

I shall be with you all in spirit, have a great day.

Arcadia
Ruffe

Post by Arcadia »

Ladies and gentlemen

Very much looking forward to seeing you all over the weekend for Sunday's fair. Should anyone have any queries you can always call me on 07980 274 383.

Best regards

John (Andrews)

EricW
Perch

Post by EricW »

Just a heads up to anybody who may have been hoping to see Gary Mills at this fair, He won't be there. They have covid in the family and have had to withdraw at the last minute. I only mention this because he did say that there were quite a few going to collect stuff and speak to him and I thought some of them may have been on here.
I hope to be there, so hopefully I shall meet some of you on the day.
These are the Golden Years. Don't waste them.

Here are some of our fishing films that you may enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrUkLb ... -bz8H_vr7A

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Just back from the fair and a visit to rod maker Ryan Burns nearby.
What a great day. So good to meet so many old and some new faces at the fair. With lots of good chat and some wonderful things on sale.
I wasn’t particularly in the buying game but picked up these three floats which caught my eye as being a bit quirky which I like. They were made and sold by a TFF’er but I can’t remember who. If he reads this, please remind me.
Looking forward to the next one in May. 😃

“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

They look like Fredline's Work...
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Aitch wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:37 pm They look like Fredline's Work...
Bingo! Thanks Aitch. :Hat:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”