Failing to catch Tench Again!

This forum is for discussing tench.
Catfish.017
Eel

Failing to catch Tench Again!

Post by Catfish.017 »

With this mini Indian Summer on the wane soon, this week I decided to have a final few sessions on the Summer species. Monday evening I revisited the little farm pond and was rewarded with a couple of the 'feral' Commons two and three pounds. Buoyed by this success! This evening I thought I would try the Tench on the canal at Chasewater. A big pile up on the A38 meant a late arrival but I was settled in to the most productive swim just before 7pm. An hour later all was quiet other than small Rudd on the surface. No bubbling but I wasn't too concerned about that as the last Tench I had didn't announce its arrival either. This time there was no sign of the Carp which was strange? I gave it half an hour into darkness then packed up in a short sprinkle of heavy raindrops. As the canal nears Chasewater around a hundred yards from my pitch it widens out into a pool. I wonder if the fish migrate to this area later in the year?

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Re: Failing to catch Tench Again!

Post by Grumpy »

Tough times Catfish,my last two trips for the Tench have also been fishless.Fished most of today and did not even have a bite.Methinks its time to take off the Tench hat and put the Perch one on. :fishing1:

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

Not had a single tench this summer, put the rods away now.

Catfish.017
Eel

Post by Catfish.017 »

Sounds like I'm in good company. Perhaps we could ingratiate ourselves with the esteemed owner of Burleigh House as did Mortimer and Whitehouse! Though it did look like mid Spring when they visited and the Tench are generally more co operative then.

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

I could lower myself to some bowing and scraping if I could fish that lake!

EricW
Perch

Post by EricW »

The tench fishing on our club lake has been very patchy. A dozen or more one day and nothing the next. The general fishing for other species has been much the same however and for the last fortnight it has been dire all round. Just one of those condition related things I guess. Still time for a few more I think but the days when I can safely fish with bread for roach using my cane poles are rapidly approaching so it's not all bad news. :Thumb:
These are the Golden Years. Don't waste them.

Here are some of our fishing films that you may enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrUkLb ... -bz8H_vr7A

Catfish.017
Eel

Post by Catfish.017 »

All things in their season.

Return to “Tench (Tinca tinca)”