Not long now....

This forum is for discussing pike.
Liphook
Barbel

Re: Not long now....

Post by Liphook »

A bit early for pike to enter my mind as yet but I do always look forward to it. Good looking river live bait floats those on the left BB :Hat: I can also vouch for the humble whiting as a dead bait - I've had some good fish out of the Ribble on them. Luckily I've managed to feather up my own herring, mackerel and for the first time a few launce this summer whilst out on the boat. I'd say these baits will be up to 14 days fresher than anything you'd get from a major supermarket wet fish stand. And better looked after!

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

I was hoping the lack of attention was similar to neglect. Will have to look elsewhere.

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Waynee45
Ruffe

Post by Waynee45 »

BoltonBullfinch wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:38 pm It's not long to the start of the Pike season so I thought I would start making sure everything I will need, will be at hand. A few new floats made during lockdown will be pushed into service once October arrives. The two fat floats are corks from bottles of some unusual alcoholic beverage that my son used to sell, probably at a extortionate price, to some central London yuppie types.
I thought of putting a vane on them but looking at the width of them I think they might be big enough to go with the wind across a reservoir. If they don't I will put a short vane on them. The other two will be used on the local canal.

IMG_20210905_181610_resize_78.jpg

Thanks
BB
Love the floats BoltonBullfinch, one day I will pluck up the courage to give float making a go but I’m not very diy minded. Did you catch using your floats, must be very rewarding watching one of your own floats go under.
Regards
Wayne

Return to “Pike (Esox lucius)”