Sea Jecta Deluxe

The Grice and Young Reels forum.
Mr B
Arctic Char

Sea Jecta Deluxe

Post by Mr B »

I was just rummaging round some of my old reels and found this one.
I pulled the spool off and gave it a grease, oil and clean (probably an over kill because I put top of the range drag grease on that little nylon washer that the spool slots into.)
It seems that they make a good piking reel.
Looking at the broken wording it is a Deluxe Sea Jecta!
It runs very nice now..
Any consolation... Jim Presley, The England sea fishing champion preferred this real above all others at one time for his in shore boat fishing competitions because of its simplicity.
Mr B
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Tizer
Chub

Re: See Jecta deluxe

Post by Tizer »

Shame ,they all seem to suffer from the salt to some degree,I have a Big piker, which I am told is just the same reel as yours but with a BIG PIKER label on it............I love it for my piking,as I do all my centrepins that I pike with ,happy days..............Can't wait for my pike season to start which is around about October

Mr B
Arctic Char

Re: See Jecta deluxe

Post by Mr B »

Tizer wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:39 pm Shame ,they all seem to suffer from the salt to some degree,I have a Big piker, which I am told is just the same reel as yours but with a BIG PIKER label on it............I love it for my piking,as I do all my centrepins that I pike with ,happy days..............Can't wait for my pike season to start which is around about October
Thats interesting being the same reel.
I am going to use this for Pike fishing, I like the drag on the side, not so much as you would play a fish on it but that you can put your rod down and not worry about an over run should you be day dreaming!
The ratchet to, easy to find, just pull it back.
The corrosion on my one is only light and will still probably last 100 years!
Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Tizer
Chub

Re: Sea Jecta Deluxe

Post by Tizer »

One of the reasons I like all my Grice and Youngs is because the ratchet lever is in the perfect place for me,

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Agreed on all points gents :Hat: Got to love a good G&Y :Sun:

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Liphook wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:57 pm Agreed on all points gents :Hat: Got to love a good G&Y :Sun:
Hear hear :Hat: :cheers:

Return to “Grice and Young Reels”