Replacement WW2 Army bucket.

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Mr B
Arctic Char

Replacement WW2 Army bucket.

Post by Mr B »

I have had one of the above buckets for years and now only keep it retired at home, full of bitts of drift wood.
It has far to many happy memories to loose it now or even worse get pinched out side our tent when camping.
Our old bucket has been all over England, Scotland and Wales and carried out every task were water was need and more!
Anyway, I was looking on the Forum and came across a few posts about buckets.
I had a look on line and came up with a replica of my old one.. ( I have been looking over the years and could never find them)
Well I have just ordered a new one..
A canvas bucket really is a handy thing to have when fishing..They fold flat and are easy to carry..

Just thought I would share the link.

Mr B
https://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/british-b ... ucket.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Stour Otter
Grayling

Re: Replacement WW2 Army bucket.

Post by Stour Otter »

Thank you Mr B

EXCELLENT

I can now retire my cherished old ones!

Stour Otter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The good angler is not the one with expensive equipment. Common sense, observation and trying to realize
what is happening above and below water will catch fish no matter what price equipment you fish with.
L.A. Parker - This Fishing 1948

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Me too!
Great to see your buckets!!!
I love a bucket...
You can loop it over your rod Carrier.. put your sandwiches in it, your ground bait your tea, all-sorts.
Get on the bank, fill it with water on a rope, and mix your ground bait.. wash your hands, ( Im' ok with river water) (wash the bucket out when you get home)
To many used to mention.
Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Stour Otter
Grayling

Post by Stour Otter »

Mr B.
I find a bucket and potato masher, a marriage made in heaven, with a little cheese powder for good measure!
The good angler is not the one with expensive equipment. Common sense, observation and trying to realize
what is happening above and below water will catch fish no matter what price equipment you fish with.
L.A. Parker - This Fishing 1948

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”