Le Grand Livre des Moulinets Francais

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Coral Maestro
Chub

Re: Le Grand Livre des Moulinets Francais

Post by Coral Maestro »

StefanDuma wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:41 pm Ive known Bernard Caminade for more than 25 years and he has always produced some great books and he regularly updates them. Always full of information, somewhere I have his book on cane rods.
When was the book on cane rods published? I'm sure it's an interesting read.
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

StefanDuma
Grayling

Post by StefanDuma »

Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Post by Mole-Patrol »

Coral Maestro wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:18 pm
Mole-Patrol wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:49 pm Are those your reels acting as paper weights? A Doplerr, SAP / DEP and a Baby Vamp are on my wish list :drool:

I have paid for a SAP 704 but it hasn't arrived and they seller is not answering messages. I don't think it is a scam. More like the seller is on holiday. I am also in a friendly dispute with the author of your book. I ordered and paid for the companion book to yours. He sent me a much more expensive book on the early days of Mitchell reels. He is also on holiday and cannot resolve the matter for another fortnight. That is French life for you :Hahaha:
Yes, I'm very lucky to have found a few French gems. The Doperr is a great user reel and coped with a 30lb+ carp. The Crack is a bit on the heavy side for my liking, the Baby Vamp has some issues so hasn't been used and I haven't tried the SAP yet.
I've not seen a SAP 704, what do you plan to use it for?
Lucky you :drool:

The SAP 704 hasn't materialised. I got a refund with no explanation yesterday. As such I don't yet know what size it is, but I had hoped to use it for chub, roach, carp and barbel on a Chapmans 500. I understand that there are four model numbers, ending in 1 to 4 in full and half bail examples. But I don't know what the differences are. I am hoping that the book I ordered might shed some light on it. :tea:

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

StefanDuma wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:00 am Here is a link

https://www.furet.com/livres/les-cannes ... 92970.html

You could also email Bernard

caminade.b@wanadoo.fr
Thanks for the info Stefan. It looks like the book might not be available at the moment but I'll keep a lookout.
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Post by Mole-Patrol »

Coral Maestro wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:43 am
StefanDuma wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:00 am Here is a link

https://www.furet.com/livres/les-cannes ... 92970.html

You could also email Bernard

caminade.b@wanadoo.fr
Thanks for the info Stefan. It looks like the book might not be available at the moment but I'll keep a lookout.
When Bernard gets back to me about returning the book I have received in error I will ask him if he knows where you could find one. I think he's on holiday until the 9th August so it will be after then.

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

Mole-Patrol wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:27 am
Mole-Patrol wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:49 pm Are those your reels acting as paper weights? A Doplerr, SAP / DEP and a Baby Vamp are on my wish list :drool:

I have paid for a SAP 704 but it hasn't arrived and they seller is not answering messages. I don't think it is a scam. More like the seller is on holiday. I am also in a friendly dispute with the author of your book. I ordered and paid for the companion book to yours. He sent me a much more expensive book on the early days of Mitchell reels. He is also on holiday and cannot resolve the matter for another fortnight. That is French life for you :Hahaha:
Yes, I'm very lucky to have found a few French gems. The Doperr is a great user reel and coped with a 30lb+ carp. The Crack is a bit on the heavy side for my liking, the Baby Vamp has some issues so hasn't been used and I haven't tried the SAP yet.

The SAP 704 hasn't materialised. I got a refund with no explanation yesterday. As such I don't yet know what size it is, but I had hoped to use it for chub, roach, carp and barbel on a Chapmans 500. I understand that there are four model numbers, ending in 1 to 4 in full and half bail examples. But I don't know what the differences are. I am hoping that the book I ordered might shed some light on it. :tea:
The 704 is the economy model according to the book. It comes with a roller index pick-up and monobloc crank (Google translate!).
These are my SAP / Dep Savoy reels:
The SAP 702
The SAP 701
The Dep Savoy produced 1943 to 1946 according to the book. The Dep Savoy in the book has a half bail but this is a full bail model. Unfortunately, it also has a bent shaft suggesting it might have been dropped at some time. The spool tensioner also looks to have been replaced.
The SAP Mer 703 (sea reel). This reel has a skirted spool and PUM type pick up.
- Jack Hargreaves.

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

Coral Maestro wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:35 am
Mole-Patrol wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:27 am

The 704 is the economy model according to the book. It comes with a roller index pick-up and monobloc crank (Google translate!).
These are my SAP / Dep Savoy reels:
The SAP 702
The SAP 701
The Dep Savoy produced 1943 to 1946 according to the book. The Dep Savoy in the book has a half bail but this is a full bail model. Unfortunately, it also has a bent shaft suggesting it might have been dropped at some time. The spool tensioner also looks to have been replaced.
The SAP Mer 703 (sea reel). This reel has a skirted spool and PUM type pick up.
All 3 models are a similar size.
- Jack Hargreaves.

Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Post by Mole-Patrol »

Now I know why I can't find any decent French reels. You've got them all! :Hahaha:

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

Sorry! It's an obsession that I don't seem to be able to shake!
- Jack Hargreaves.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I have a couple of old '50s/60s' centrepin' reels used for 'Peche a la toc' ---- 2 sizes.

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”