Adcock Stanton spool removal, and handle

A forum to show any of your restored or built traditional fishing reels.
OldAngler
Perch

Re: Adcock Stanton spool removal, and handle

Post by OldAngler »

Hi Keith,

I 'bat' the reel to retrieve and normally put my finger in the holes only when playing a fish, as well as batting.

Hope this helps.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Yep when playing a fish and batting to retrieve, unless a heavy float and fast current don't allow.

Line off the top so batting away from oneself!

OldRod
Grayling

Post by OldRod »

Barbelseeker wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:52 am Old rod - if you are still stuck, whilst I cannot do the handles, I can strip it down - bring it to Ravensfield on 13th.

Peter
Many thanks for the kind offer Peter, and I will bring it for your opinion.
However, I am normally fairly handy at this kind of thing, so I made a key to fit the double sided slot. I put the key in the vice and offered up the reel, thinking to turn the (larger) reel, rather than the (smaller) key, thus giving me more purchase. Anyway, the nut did not move on the shaft - the shaft (together with the seized nut) rotated (against strong resistance) within the reel.
I don't have the facilities or knowledge to do more, and even if I did, I would be concerned about damaging the seized components or the reel itself.
The upshot is I just wanted to clean and service it, so right now my thinking is I will probably leave it alone, unless you can suggest something.
See you 13th
Keith
At the end of the game, the pawn and the King go back into the same box........

Return to “Traditional Reel Building and Restoring”