Could this be a Capella?

The Modern Arms Company Rods forum.
Silfield
Brown Trout

Re: Could this be a Capella?

Post by Silfield »

Yours is a lovely mellow colour Clive, I could quite happily live with that :Thumb:
The previous owner(s) of mine had already stripped any transfers and some of the original whippings before I acquired it. It also sported a new name scrawled on the blank in what can only be described as doctors handwriting!
I am looking forward to using it though when finished.
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Re: Could this be a Capella?

Post by Mole-Patrol »

Must be a Marco thing. Mine has a date in January 1959 and the words: Mk 4 Carp written on the underside in black handwriting. I think the mellow colour is down to the varnish ageing. If the wrappings weren't so fancy I would have stripped the varnish off and started again as I did with another old rod. The Capella has a lovely decorative wrapping on the lower section which would be a shame to destroy. Also the varnish has turned the gold / black thread to greenish / black so wouldn't be easy to match.

The rod has a tc of around 1.75lb and at 9 foot makes a lovely margin rod for carp and barbel fishing. I modified the Silex Major specifically for that purpose. The casting brake is now a fighting drag.

Return to “The Modern Arms Company Ltd Cane Rods”