A Quick Question On Cheese Paste?

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: A Quick Question On Cheese Paste?

Post by Mark »

Martin James wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:50 pm A question, why add other flavours to good old mature Danish blue and bread crumbs which has stood the test of time?
That's all I use.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Old Man River
Eel

Re: A Quick Question On Cheese Paste?

Post by Old Man River »

I make my own cheesepastes just the same way as Martin and Mark do, simple, easy and no messing about with ingredients that may or may not work.
Funnily enough, only a couple of days ago I took some cheese paste out of the freezer , it was rock hard and unlikley to defrost by the time I needed it so I put it on defrost in the microwave, it seemed to make the paste somehow “More Cheesey “ the fat in the cheese seemed to dissipate through the paste more , it also made adding some more grated cheddar very easy as the hot paste melted the cheese into the paste with very little effort at all.

And it worked, I was after chub, but a Barbel seemed to like it better, I do a similar trick to that mentioned in an earlier post ,but instead I mold the paste around a “hair” rigged halibut pellet . Not very traditional but it works.

David .
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”