Auctions, Tackle collection & Distribution

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Auctions, Tackle collection & Distribution

Post by Barbelseeker »

I am sure their are many members on here, who might look on various auctions sites - not just the Evil-Bay - and hopefully place bids for either fishing tackle or other items which may take their fancy.

The only problem with this is that auction sites either want collection within a week, or you face huge postal charges. In addition, if you only buy one item, say at £25 it doesn't make sense to drive 80 miles to collect it.

In talking to my nephew tonight, who lives in Lincoln, I live practically in Nottingham, he is prepared to collect items, from such auctions as "Golding & Young" & " Unique Auctions" (both Lincoln based) for me, and save them for me, until we next meet. I know, hopefully, that Banksy, no doubt would do the same for local auctions, in or around East Yorkshire as I would for him in the Midlands.

QUESTION.
Is there merit for us to operate a similar system, or perhaps a delivery system between members to enable purchase, collection and delivery, via PM's or via on this site.

The only stipulation I would add, is that if an item is brought to our attention by a member who expresses his/her interest in purchasing the same, or collection of the item, them we do not place higher bids. I think as gentleman/women, we honour that open expression of interest.

Comments welcome

Peter

Pallenpool
Zander

Re: Auctions, Tackle collection & Distribution

Post by Pallenpool »

We have something of sorts in place - under Items for sale -
First thread you see - it has worked on occasion- a revitalisation maybe a good idea.
:Hat:

No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Re: Auctions, Tackle collection & Distribution

Post by Barbelseeker »

My nephew has now moved from Lincoln, and I can now no longer offer a collection service from Lincolnshire, unless I am myself buying something from the same auction.

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”