Do you have a spare £1499 ?

This forum belongs to Dick Walker.
Pallenpool
Zander

Re: Do you have a spare £1499 ?

Post by Pallenpool »

I gave up the pursuit of Carp a long time ago - and like Duckett I took up Cane and Pin - I have never looked back - the whys and wherefores around modern Carp angling I have no interest in at all. However as for the Carp I still have a soft centre for them and I have to say that on a quiet pool away from the maddening crowds, it (for me) with cane & pin, some dense marginal cover, overhanging Alders and Willow, reed and pads still proves to be the most scintillating experience I know in piscatorial pursuits.
Surely, and keeping this thread on topic is how & what this rod should be used for.
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

My observations generally have led me to believe there are quite a few members on here who have left “intensive“ angling for carp, pike, barbel etc or match fishing behind them for a simpler approach with cane and pin. We can’t rewrite history (although there are some in society who would like to at the moment) and in my very humble opinion we have to look at the era in which this rod was built and used, we should forget the modernist approach which it ultimately spawned and savour the past efforts of our forefathers.....let’s face it most of us on here hark back to a gentle time in our angling journey and thus probably a return to our youth....
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

RBTraditional wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:32 pm My observations generally have led me to believe there are quite a few members on here who have left “intensive“ angling for carp, pike, barbel etc or match fishing behind them for a simpler approach with cane and pin. We can’t rewrite history (although there are some in society who would like to at the moment) and in my very humble opinion we have to look at the era in which this rod was built and used, we should forget the modernist approach which it ultimately spawned and savour the past efforts of our forefathers.....let’s face it most of us on here hark back to a gentle time in our angling journey and thus probably a return to our youth....
:Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Return to “Dick Walker”