Another Dream Realised .....

Traditional landing nets large and small.
Barbulus
Tench

Another Dream Realised .....

Post by Barbulus »

Well in this odd, complex, magical and still surprising World of ours, the "stars do align" and "dreams can still come true".

Star alignment: my wife has popped out to the Dentist. Within a few minutes of her car disappearing down the driveway, a UPS van was driving up it. I wonder what that is thinks I heading into the kitchen for a late morning coffee "top up". "Buzzzzzz" .... doorbell rings ... open door ... no-one there ....bit late for "knock down Ginger" thinks I ... oh ... what's that 2 metre cardboard tube doing propped up like a cardboard equivalent of a Doric column by the Porch .... oh ..... its addressed to me. Must be "Father's Day" ... almost. No, careful unwrapping revealed a two bags and two "bubble wrapped" mini packages .... the mystery deepens ...
IMG_8892.JPG

Both "bags" imprinted with a unique logo: I know who created that motto ..... Northern Nomad ... Ah Ha ! I think i now know what it could be .....

IMG_8893.JPG

Opening up the carefully wrapped packages to reveal .......

IMG_8897.JPG
IMG_8898.JPG
IMG_8896.JPG

More to follow ........ unbelievable .... truly a magical day today .........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Barbulus
Tench

Re: Another Dream Realised .....

Post by Barbulus »

The follow on .......
IMG_8899.JPG
IMG_8900.JPG
IMG_8903 (1).JPG
IMG_8902.JPG
I know that the iPhone photographs will not do this Landing Net justice. It is, quite simply, utterly superb. The design is obvious but the craftmanship, the skill, the little details, the slight curve to the beautiful arms, the detailing on the handle and flaming design .... the whole stunning piece is something that has quite taken me aback this morning. Northern Nomad is a hero ... from both a previous life and now in his alter ego of craftsman "extrordinaire". Incredible Neil; utterly stunning. Thank you for making one dream come true. I am off to The Moat tomorrow for a few days so this amazing landing net will be matched with a MkiV and target those old carp that languish in the depths .... I am at a loss now for more words so will let the photographs give the story. Incredible ! :Ok:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Goodness what a beauty! Almost a shame to get it wet :Sun:

Old Man River
Eel

Post by Old Man River »

That is gorgeous Matthew....

Dont get it wet 😊

David
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

What a wonderful surprise, it is as you say, stunning! Well done Neil, a superb result! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Absolutely stunning workmanship. A net fit for a king.

Wal.

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

Blimey, that's lovely.
I hope you manage to christen it soon.
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

That's lovely, a real treat to see. I must admit it's special when one has a hand made landing net or three. Get it wet landing one of those dark sinister carp that roam the moat, tight lines....

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Evert van der Plas
Perch

Post by Evert van der Plas »

Very very nice yes

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

That is the best Walker based net I have ever seen breathtaking build quality, and I am so pleased you are going to use it Matthew and catch some Carps to christen it - and with a MKIV no less.

Well done to you both.
:Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Return to “Traditional Landing Nets”