Vintage British and American Lures. (MORE STUFF!)

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Phil Arnott
Chub

Re: Vintage British and American Lures. (MORE STUFF!)

Post by Phil Arnott »

Earlier I posted a picture of some of my plugs which resembled the picture of plugs in Mr Crabtree Goes Fishing".

One plug which I didn't have at the time I now own but it is still in America. It was due to reach me but Covid interfered. It's a Pfleuger Globe lure.

When I eventually receive it I will set up a display which will be very similar to the Crabtree picture.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

I'm particularly fond of the American wooden bass lures but that one's a new one to me :Thumb:

Phil Arnott
Chub

Post by Phil Arnott »

Liphook wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:32 am I'm particularly fond of the American wooden bass lures but that one's a new one to me :Thumb:
They do a variety of sizes of this plug including a shorter one and a longer one they call musky size.

Phil Arnott
Chub

Post by Phil Arnott »

I've was gifted this metal display quite a while ago. It measures 12x16in. I think these sorts of displays are quite common in America and anglers put them in their fishing rooms.

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

Phil Arnott wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:12 am Earlier I posted a picture of some of my plugs which resembled the picture of plugs in Mr Crabtree Goes Fishing".

One plug which I didn't have at the time I now own but it is still in America. It was due to reach me but Covid interfered. It's a Pfleuger Globe lure.

When I eventually receive it I will set up a display which will be very similar to the Crabtree picture.

Very nice Phil. Old American plugs and lures fascinate me, there's alot of history in them. I remember seeing your set up depicting the picture of the plugs in Mr Crabtree goes fishing. I'm looking forward to seeing the updated version.
:Thumb:

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

Phil Arnott wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:29 pm I've was gifted this metal display quite a while ago. It measures 12x16in. I think these sorts of displays are quite common in America and anglers put them in their fishing rooms.

Also very nice too Phil. They did some superb angling advertising and artwork.

:Hat:

Phil Arnott
Chub

Post by Phil Arnott »

At last I've managed to mount the collection of plugs I showed earlier in this thread, in a display case. The biggest problem was getting hold of a picture frame of the same pattern as the one I used for the old spoons that I set up a while back.

I had to add another line of plugs to fit the frame so there are a few more plugs than in the picture shown in Mr Crabtree but I think it looks OK. What do you chaps think? I now have to shuffle my displays around to get it on my wall.

Out of interest the internal frame measurement is 50x40cms. If anyone wants any tips on doing this sort of display do ask as I've learnt a bit in the process.

Here it is with the old spoon display.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Excellent displays Phil👍

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

And a label marked "In case of mad pike urge break glass".

Phil Arnott
Chub

Post by Phil Arnott »

Dave Burr wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:57 pm And a label marked "In case of mad pike urge break glass".
Very good Dave. I always wonder what your response will be. :clap:

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”