Aerial-Match 2..Special model

A forum to show any of your restored or built traditional fishing reels.
Watermole+
Chub

Aerial-Match 2..Special model

Post by Watermole+ »

This is the final version of the Aerial-Match 2 reel.

Made to special order, this is version 2c, which has been made for Left-Hand Wind but with no built-in lineguard or lugs. It also has a modern and more durable paint finish.

For comparison, I have put it next to the very first one made after the 'trial' model. This has a stamped serial number 1 on both line drum and backplate and was made Right-Hand wind, identical to the original 1939 model. It has never had a line on it and will never be used.

Click on the pictures for a better image.

The next version will be the Aerial-Match 3 which will have a rim-lever check.

wm+

"Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? Yet one of them shall not fall without your Father knoweth" ..Jesus of Nazareth, King James AV

Old Man River
Eel

Re: Aerial-Match 2..Special model

Post by Old Man River »

At the risk of a double entendre , I have to say WM that that is a beautiful pair. I am sure that every member on here would like one of those, they are works of art. I can see why they will stay in a display cabinet, but if they were mine they would be loaded with line, and probably within a few months be a bit scratched and exhibiting use marks.

I always find it hard to work out how anglers keep their reels /rods etc in a pristine condition,I always give my reels/rods a clean off and bit of a polishing after use, but they still wnd up looking well used.

I Have to say your skills are second to none !

OMR
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Once again ... left speechless by your skills, Sir.

(Just a reminder ... as you now have more than one, so one may be superflouos ... it's my birthday in a few days !!!!)
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Absolutely stunning again WM+! :Hat:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Superb! I can't wait to see the mk3 :drool: Dare I ask how much one would cost?

Barbellina
Roach

Post by Barbellina »

:Hat: Absolutely magnificent as per usual. WM+ your skills and expertise are second to none.
Last edited by Barbellina on Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Angling is a refuge from competitiveness, from rat-racing, from status-seeking. So let it remain."
Bernard Venables

Barbellina
Roach

Post by Barbellina »

:rock:
"Angling is a refuge from competitiveness, from rat-racing, from status-seeking. So let it remain."
Bernard Venables

Marks7
Bleak

Post by Marks7 »

Wow! If I was lucky enough to own one of these I would never catch another fish as I'd be looking at the reel all day instead of my float!

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

Absolutely stunning.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Doesn't it look more elegant without those line guard lugs? I'm sure something could be fitted without those in a more subtle way.

Now a rim lever check...that'll be just perfect!

It tickles me that we all use a rim lever on the front...and indeed it suits me well there, .... but they were originally fitted to the rear of the reel body where you would have to have the Hands Of Houdini to reach it!

Image No.3. Leszek, that wouldn't happen to be Soplica honey and lemon vodka, would it?

Return to “Traditional Reel Building and Restoring”