Catering at Redditch Nov. 2019

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Fredline
Tench

Catering at Redditch Nov. 2019

Post by Fredline »

Yesterday’s Redditch Tackle Fair was possibly one the of the best. The were definitely more people though the door and a lot of new faces which all added to the genial buzz around the room. There was also too many “old” faces to remember but it is always nice to meet up and banter. The catering was courtesy of Mrs. Harry and what a very tempting delight to have placed very prominently upon the table. Sod the reels the sausage rolls were superb, not to mention the lemon drizzle and tiffin. I started a delivery service around the fair so more people could savour these bake off beauties. They were received with great enthusiasm and quite a few people ventured to the Lea Dweller/Fredline Emporium, Ted and Johns’ table, for seconds, hence they all went. The W.H. Norris waggle off with Bob Brooks was interesting and we came to the very easy conclusion that the man made a very special rod as both looked very similar but had much different actions. Bob’s had a lighter softer action and mine had a little more punch. If you ever get the opportunity to purchase a W.H. Norris ferrule less rod then grab it, you will not be disappointed. So many thanks to you all for making it a very enjoyable day.
ImageImage
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Bob Brookes
Zander

Re: Catering at Redditch Nov. 2019

Post by Bob Brookes »

A good waggle off indeed John. Mine is a rod to use when you are not likely to encounter anything bigger than a couple of pounds, hopefully a little smaller. It was taxed when I hooked a tench that was somewhat bigger, good fun though!
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

PeteD
Rudd

Post by PeteD »

I couldn't agree more on the catering! In fact the piece of tiffin I had was so good and gave me such a sugar rush I felt duty bound to buy the Shakespeare Polyestal leger rod from Ted. :Thumb:

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Hi John, a big thank you to you and Ted from for the entertainment and great items of tackle at bargain prices.
Great seeing you both again and looking forward to next year.

The catering was superb, I think Jackie should be nominated as the official TFF tiffin maker.

Wal.

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Should run a cake stall next time!
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Should we rename it as TiFFin...?? :Wink:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Aww! Mrs Harry cakes and I was stuck in Devon doing family stuff. Not fair :(

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Well everyone seems to have have had a good time, albeit for different reasons! I would love to take part in more TFF fishing outings, I have really enjoyed the ones that I have attended in the past, so perhaps we can arrange something in the New Year? I am off to Oz first thing in the morning, but I will be in touch while out there! :Hat:

MrCrabtree
Rudd

Post by MrCrabtree »

Hi Ted
Great seeing you and the others on Sunday
Thanks also for sharing all the cakes they were delicious
Have fabulous time in Oz
Mike & Linda

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

MrCrabtree wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:40 pm Hi Ted
Great seeing you and the others on Sunday
Thanks also for sharing all the cakes they were delicious
Have fabulous time in Oz
Mike & Linda
Thanks Mike and Linda, I know I drove you mad as I was so excited about going to see my daughter and grandchildren in Perth! Only one more sleep and we will be OFF! :Hat: :surrender:

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”