Chris Yates with record carp

This forum belongs to Chris Yates.
The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Re: Chris Yates with record carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Tricky one Lee......I take it this is for your fishing room wall?

The problem surrounds copyrights etc.... I think the best you could do would be to download something from the web, A4 would be the maximum without distorting and frame that. A few similar shots of Jack Hilton, Walker etc would look splendid on any wall.

Remember, the originals of these shots were taken on old film, not todays digital stuff so the pics will not be large size, only scaned and copied from the originals.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

No Lee, but someone reading might. Good luck with your project pal.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

BarbelBonce

Post by BarbelBonce »

The man himself was an art student. He may take kindly to someone making an artwork with him included.
I have no doubt that someone here - Colonel? - might even find a way of asking the appropriate question of him. Perhaps he may even be directed to your post, now that it appears that he may even be (more-or-less) computer literate!
I bet he is, really but just doesn't want to let-on too much!! Sensible. Fount of a lot of evil, these infernal machines.
Mike

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Just a thought on this , but being a keen non-digital photographer myeslf ( until the past year or so when I finally bought a digital SLR camera), with regard to really important photos such as this the chances are that someone still has the negatives - in which case it is obviously possible in theory to have prints produced by one of the photo labs - to whatever enlargement size is required.

Obvious question - who has the negs?
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Julian wrote:Just a thought on this , but being a keen non-digital photographer myeslf ( until the past year or so when I finally bought a digital SLR camera), with regard to really important photos such as this the chances are that someone still has the negatives - in which case it is obviously possible in theory to have prints produced by one of the photo labs - to whatever enlargement size is required.

Obvious question - who has the negs?
I would hazard a guess that Chris owns the photos.....
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

As I understand it the copyright belongs to the person who took the photograph, even if they no longer possess the negative ... unless they signed away the rights when they handed over the negative to another owner. It has been known for me to be wrong, though.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Lee wrote:Hya....thanks for the kind reply. Sorry I should have explained, it's for a personal art project (but will probably be put on the wall ^^)

Any idea where I can get an A4 copy? the ones on google are much smaller...

Many thanks

Lee
This one is pretty big 1044 x 1181
http://www.anglersmail.co.uk/wp-content ... record.jpg
You could contact either CY himself or Anglers mail to find out about the copyright.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Lee wrote:Thanks everyone for kindly replying. Thank you Snape especially, that picture is very much appreciated and significantly better than the others I could find.

Just out of interest how would I go about contacting Mr Yates if I need to?

Kindest regards

Lee

......and there lies the tricky bit. :wink:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Lee wrote:Thanks everyone for kindly replying. Thank you Snape especially, that picture is very much appreciated and significantly better than the others I could find.

Just out of interest how would I go about contacting Mr Yates if I need to?

Kindest regards

Lee
Most authors can be contacted via their publishers.

Float Addict
Ruffe

Post by Float Addict »

If you are still trying to contact Mr Yates pm me Lee

Return to “Chris Yates”