One miserable looking fish!

This forum is for discussing tench.
Fredline
Tench

One miserable looking fish!

Post by Fredline »

I caught this little fellow in the rain last Thursday and it appears he did not like getting caught. Have a look at the face on it, miserable or what?
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Re: One miserable looking fish!

Post by PershoreHarrier »

You were obviously, and unusually I might add, using some inferior items of tackle hence the expression of misery. Totally understandable.

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

He's looking at the slightly blueish green of the net, and the bright orange binding, and wondering "Does he REALLY think that goes with my colour scheme?"
Vain creature.
That said, I've never seen a tench smile!
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

PershoreHarrier wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:28 pm You were obviously, and unusually I might add, using some inferior items of tackle hence the expression of misery. Totally understandable.
I was using a Watermole centrepin and a Homers rod with low bells life rings and as the rain became heavier it became impossible to cast so I had to sit it out. Plus my brolly developed a leak at the centre joint so I ended up with a towel over my shoulder to catch the drips. In fact I ended up looking as miserable as the Tench.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Fredline wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:40 pm
PershoreHarrier wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:28 pm You were obviously, and unusually I might add, using some inferior items of tackle hence the expression of misery. Totally understandable.
I was using a Watermole centrepin and a Homers rod with low bells life rings and as the rain became heavier it became impossible to cast so I had to sit it out. Plus my brolly developed a leak at the centre joint so I ended up with a towel over my shoulder to catch the drips. In fact I ended up looking as miserable as the Tench.
In that case he was envious of your gear as it was clearly better than his!! I am doing a bit of Tench fishing on Sunday with LuckyLuca with an Allcocks Viking and an Aerialite reel - I shall look closely for the fishes reaction when I take the photo alongside the rod and reel. Mind you I have to catch one first. :Hahaha:

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

" He caught me on THAT combo and photographed me in THIS???"

Poor beggar's got every right to look hard-done-by.
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

I have the same look when the Gin runs out! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Return to “Tench (Tinca tinca)”