Dubarry boots

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Liphook
Barbel

Re: Dubarry boots

Post by Liphook »

See the recommendations above! I'd also consider Aigle and Harkila. Find local retailers and try before you buy. Not difficult really :tea:

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

Gobio Gobio wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:32 am Where did you say they are only good for posing?
Fredline wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:08 pm Because the are too expensive but great for posing.
Fredline wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:08 pm Where did I use the word rubbish?
Maybe not as clear as posing but implied they were rubbish.
Liphook wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:33 am Get some proper tools for the job or look like a nob with wet feet.
And what would the proper boots for this nob be please Liphook?

I am after something like a welly, stiffer soled with plenty of grip. Im not walking across damp grass, walking across muddy fields or woods in neoprene waders.

Wish I had never asked.
It was only the opinion of Fredline and Liphook, plus the injection of a little humour, you did not have to take it so personally.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Barbellina
Roach

Post by Barbellina »

Another shout out for Chameau. I have sheepskin lined boots and also waders. Both excellent products.
"Angling is a refuge from competitiveness, from rat-racing, from status-seeking. So let it remain."
Bernard Venables

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

That's the closest I have seen to a fallout/argument since I have been on this site. Although in reality it was a very very mild spat, I'm putting it down to the excess's of the new year, and look forwards to one or two more disagreements this year.

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Another vote for Le Chameau - worn them since purchase some 10 years ago - for walking/fishing/birdwatching/etc when I venture out into the countryside.

Ally
Silver Bream

Post by Ally »

Dubarrys will get in a bit of a mess on a muddy bank. Aigle wellies with neoprene good as long as its not too cold. Baffins a good alternative to Skeetex, easier to walk in, better insulation but pricy and hard to get in uk.

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Fredline wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:40 pm
Gobio Gobio wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:27 pm
Fredline wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:08 pm Why do you think they are only available in Chelsea?
Because the are too expensive but great for posing.
£80 worth of Skeetex Field Boots have never let me down. Very warm and comfortable with replaceable fleece liners.
There not only available in Chelsea, thats their flagship store. I just looked again, there sold in Hatfield, Wheathampstead, Clavering, Shefford, Saffron Walden, Hemel Hempstead, Dunmow.......
So are you saying there rubbish, only good for posing?
I wore Skeetex boots back in the 70/80's, and thats where I will be leaving them.
Where did I use the word rubbish?
Where did I say they are only good for posing?
Skeetex boots 70/80's that is one thing you got right. Try these Skeetex 2020's.
I have a vague recollection of going to a mill at Battlesbridge for some Skeetex boots back in the 70’s possibly early 80’s they looked nothing like the ones you have shown but they were comfortable and extremely warm - it’s great to see they are still going and looking so much better.
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”