Tip ring required

Just built or restored a cane rod or need some advise then let us know in here.
Jeremy Croxall
Eel

Tip ring required

Post by Jeremy Croxall » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:38 pm

Hi chaps, I need a tip ring for an Avon style rod which would be suited to bridge rings, preferably amber lined to match the butt ring. I therefore need something which is low set.
I have the following tip rings which I can swap if that helps otherwise I will purchase a suitable ring if anyone has one which they're willing to part with. Thanks for looking chaps.
Jeremy.Image
With my silken line and delicate hook, I wander in a myriad of ripples and find freedom.
Li Yu

Liphook
Chub

Re: Tip ring required

Post by Liphook » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:21 pm

I will look through my limited stock for you Jeremy but I'm not that hopeful...

Northern_Nomad
Chub

Post by Northern_Nomad » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:47 pm

Ditto. Just looked through my stash and I only have the style that you already have.

Ernest at www.perfect-europe.com will be able to make exactly what you are looking for if you can’t get one anywhere else. I now get most of my insert rings off him as it’s quicker than trawling round the shops and web trying to find them.

:Hat:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:18 pm

Not sure if this is any good to you. The insert looks to be red glass rather than agate. The outer diameter is 9mm, internal is 4mm. The sleeve is oval and 3x5mm
Apologies for the picture quality. My digital camera is packed for a fishing session tomorrow. I should be able to post a better picture if you need it.
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Jeremy Croxall
Eel

Post by Jeremy Croxall » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:57 pm

MGs wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:18 pm
Not sure if this is any good to you. The insert looks to be red glass rather than agate. The outer diameter is 9mm, internal is 4mm. The sleeve is oval and 3x5mm
Apologies for the picture quality. My digital camera is packed for a fishing session tomorrow. I should be able to post a better picture if you need it.
That looks just the Job MGs! I had another look at the butt ring and I think that may be red glass too. Can I swap one from my pic or would you like cash for it? Thanks everyone for looking, it is greatly appreciated.
Jeremy.
With my silken line and delicate hook, I wander in a myriad of ripples and find freedom.
Li Yu

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:15 pm

Jeremy

Happy to swap for the white ceramic one. I've broken one a a Sealey. PM on its way.
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Return to “Cane Rod Building and Restoring”