Good Evening All

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
GazTheAngler

Re: Good Evening All

Post by GazTheAngler »

Hi Mark,

Hope you enjoy it on here.

Gaz

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

Welcome Mark - I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

Peter Mead - I do remember the name from reading Dick Walker and FJT in my youth (I'm older than you!). I did a quick search, but only found one hit that might be relevant. Click HERE and scroll down to the post by "Chevin". Chevin was well-connected with FJT, Dick Walker, et al. and his information is usually accurate. I fear the news might not be good...

Mr B

Post by Mr B »

What a warm welcome! thanks a lot men, looking forward to contributing to the forum.

Thank you for the link re Pete Mead. I will let my mum know. (Still fishing, 74) That was sad, he was killed in a road accident coming back from a funeral! They were a great crew! I do know a little more about Pete Mead, but it might be best for me to root out his kids if he had any.
I met Fred Taylor when i was about nine years old at a fishing exhibition. He was with Dick walker, and..... never guess, Charley drake the comedian! who was a real real good fisherman, and brother of the Angle.

I was prompted by my uncle Dick (Who's still fishing, and truly is my fishing hero at 80!) and walked over to Dick Walker and ask for his autograph, he said, you don't want mine, ask him, thats Fred Taylor. No i said, I want yours, but i'll have his as well! (I didn't know him at the time, only Mr Walker for catching the record Carp) Dick walker signed my Rod Court Record Card then I reluctantly ask Fred, who sign it as well with a big smile, i will never forget that, and he rubbed me on the head. I didn't want to leave Charlie Drake out so i ask him to!
Thirty years later I got a copy of Fred's book One For The Pot, sent him a short letter telling him about the the fishing exhibition and what i just said above. I sent the book to him with a large padded envelope with the P&P. I ask him him to sign it, he did.

They don't make em like that any more!

Thanks again

Mark

Trevor
Eel

Post by Trevor »

A lovely little story Mr B. :thumb:

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Mr B wrote:What a warm welcome! thanks a lot men, looking forward to contributing to the forum.

Thank you for the link re Pete Mead. I will let my mum know. (Still fishing, 74) That was sad, he was killed in a road accident coming back from a funeral! They were a great crew! I do know a little more about Pete Mead, but it might be best for me to root out his kids if he had any.
I met Fred Taylor when i was about nine years old at a fishing exhibition. He was with Dick walker, and..... never guess, Charley drake the comedian! who was a real real good fisherman, and brother of the Angle.

I was prompted by my uncle Dick (Who's still fishing, and truly is my fishing hero at 80!) and walked over to Dick Walker and ask for his autograph, he said, you don't want mine, ask him, thats Fred Taylor. No i said, I want yours, but i'll have his as well! (I didn't know him at the time, only Mr Walker for catching the record Carp) Dick walker signed my Rod Court Record Card then I reluctantly ask Fred, who sign it as well with a big smile, i will never forget that, and he rubbed me on the head. I didn't want to leave Charlie Drake out so i ask him to!
Thirty years later I got a copy of Fred's book One For The Pot, sent him a short letter telling him about the the fishing exhibition and what i just said above. I sent the book to him with a large padded envelope with the P&P. I ask him him to sign it, he did.

They don't make em like that any more!

Thanks again

Mark
What a lovely story Mark.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

:hat:

:welcome:
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Mr B

Post by Mr B »

Blow me, that was nice.
I am glad you enjoyed the story as well, thats the great thing about fishing. We all have them.

Thanks again

Mark

CraigM
Grayling

Post by CraigM »

Welcome from me too.

Enjoyed your first posts. Keep them coming :thumb:

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”