Stolen books

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Luke
Grayling

Stolen books

Post by Luke »

Over the bank holiday weekend we had a trailer full of angling books stolen from our storage unit. They were mostly flyfishing books and included several deluxe editions. The value of the stolen stock runs to many, many thousands of pounds.

In all likelihood the thieves weren't after the books. They were almost certainly simply after the trailer itself (a large quantity of scrap metal was stolen too) so they may not know what to do with the books themselves. They could even just dump them by the side of the road if they haven't done so already.

However, if you see any suspicious looking sellers on ebay and the like or perhaps even at some carboot sale then we would be very grateful if you could let us know. Of particular interest would be anyone selling either large quantities (or suspiciously low prices) of books published by ourselves, that being Coch Y Bonddu Books and/or The Flyfisher's Classic Library.

As mentioned earlier, several deluxe editions were stolen. Leatherbound copies of The Essential Kelson, Oliver Edwards' Flytyer's Masterclass, Flyfishing the Welsh Borderlands, While My Float's Still Cocked and several other deluxe Flyfisher's Classic Library books. These very rarely turn up second hand so if you happen to spot one on ebay over the coming weeks then do let us know so we can look into it.

Thanks,
Luke

on behalf of Coch Y Bonddu Books

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Re: Stolen books

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

The dirty thieving toerags!!! :twisted:

I hope they get caught and have their hands chopped off. I'll keep my ear to the ground Luke.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Luke
Grayling

Post by Luke »

Cheers SK. Police are looking into it and a few of the local businesses have cctv nearby so hopefully something got picked up on camera.

St.John
Tench

Post by St.John »

I'm in Ross. I'll have a word with the antique book shops in the town-ya never know, they may have 'ran for the border!'. In all seriousness I'll keep my eye out.
"Be patient and calm-for no man can catch fish in anger."

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

I'm sorry to hear this. If I come across anything I'll let you know. It might be worth contacting all the book shops in Hay-on-Wye since it's not that far away and you never know…
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

sorry to hear that too..... I have over £2k of cookery books and would be deeply upset if anything happend to them
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

The VFC
Brown Trout

Post by The VFC »

I will, of course, let you know if anyone tries to offer them to us for sale.
Jim

Dave

Post by Dave »

It's always awful to hear things like this....hope the toe rags get caught. May I suggest this thread is kept sticky for a week or so in order that as many members as possible get to see it?

Luke
Grayling

Post by Luke »

Cheers guys. I'll keep you informed should we get anywhere with finding out what happened.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

My commiserations Luke, lets hope they get caught and soon.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”