A Fool and His Eel

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
GazTheAngler

Re: A Fool and His Eel

Post by GazTheAngler »

On my birthday list Skeff old chap.

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoy it....

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Mark wrote:Been meaning to order this one for a while now so today I did from Coch-y-Bonddu Books.

A Fool and His Eel by Mark Walsingham
A Fool and His Eel.jpg
The book arrived today, it looks very nice indeed and is quite heavy, looking forward to getting stuck into it.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

You won't be disappointed Mark its a great book, excellent writing complimented by some stunning artwork by David Millar, time for a re-read. One of the good things about getting old is memory loss, I can read a book a few years later as if its the first time :Hahaha:
Best Fishes
Mushy

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

I suppose I better start reading mine too
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

GregF
Crucian Carp

Post by GregF »

Mushy wrote:You won't be disappointed Mark its a great book, excellent writing complimented by some stunning artwork by David Millar, time for a re-read.
Completely agree, and it is full of superb photos of beautiful lakes, wildlife and fantastic fishes of many species. A thoroughly absorbing read and a wonderful document of the author's fishing life to date, it's a bit of a angling classic in my opinion. Be prepared to feel a smidgen of envy at Skeff's impressive achievements though... he really has been there, done that, and got the whole set of t-shirts! :Hat:

:read:
"Give up haste and ambition, close your mouth, only then will you comprehend the spirit of Tao" - Lao Tze

GhyllManor
Grayling

Post by GhyllManor »

A truly wonderful cover illustration, traditional and evocative in equal measure. I loaned my copy to a friend, reckon I will have to buy another!!

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

GhyllManor wrote:A truly wonderful cover illustration, traditional and evocative in equal measure. I loaned my copy to a friend, reckon I will have to buy another!!
The punt on the old tench pool at Woldale, GhyllManor... Fishing there is a particularly happy memory. Thanks.

ImAllStokedUp
Gudgeon

Post by ImAllStokedUp »

How many copies of this book were published ?

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

I think Jenks published about 1000? Plus leathers and a special edition with my favourite David Miller pike image on the cover.... Not too sure though!

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”