The Perfection Roach by Hardy

The Hardy Rods forum.
MarkG
Grayling

The Perfection Roach by Hardy

Post by MarkG »

I found this in a house clearing shop and paid a tenner for it. I did not know it was a hardy at the time. When I got home I looked it up and found a couple of pristine examples selling for £350 and £450.The mark states " The Perfection Roach" "Palakano"However this is not pristine. It appears to be shorter than it should be,The bottom section is 5ft 8 inches and the top section is 4ft 4inches. Is this right? It is slightly kinked in the top section. The metal butt piece is a bit damaged. There is a serial number but its difficult to make out. H6653 maybe.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Paul F
Sea Trout

Re: The Perfection Roach by Hardy

Post by Paul F »

MarkG wrote:
palamano 2.jpg
palamana 1.jpg
I found this in a house clearing shop and paid a tenner for it. I did not know it was a hardy at the time. When I got home I looked it up and found a couple of pristine examples selling for £350 and £450.The mark states " The Perfection Roach" "Palakano"However this is not pristine. It appears to be shorter than it should be,The bottom section is 5ft 8 inches and the top section is 4ft 4inches. Is this right? It is slightly kinked in the top section. The metal butt piece is a bit damaged. There is a serial number but its difficult to make out. H6653 maybe.
The tip section is well short! about 1 1/2ft short I should say.
As you only paid a tenner, it would be worth you having a new tip made for it by Andrew Davis, and at the same time have Andrew rebuild the butt section all to match, you will then have a very desirable fishing rod.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

I'll give you fifteen for it :Cool:

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

Nice find Mister! worth further investment but £20 says I'll do it if you don't. :whistle:
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Champ
Chub

Post by Champ »

Pafpuff wrote:As you only paid a tenner, it would be worth you having a new tip made for it by Andrew Davis, and at the same time have Andrew rebuild the butt section all to match, you will then have a very desirable fishing rod.
Totally agree.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

You may find Andrew isn't doing any restoration jobs at the moment too busy with new builds but you never know
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

MarkG
Grayling

Post by MarkG »

I was thinking of selling it as a restoration project, maybe put it in a auction. I would hope to get around a £100 for it though.
I think I read there was a 10ft version of this rod, maybe this is the 10ft one? If anyone wants it for a £100 +pp, your welcome. Although I better mention the but ring, one side is damaged, here are a couple of pictures of that.
Last edited by MarkG on Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

A little cheeky me thinks, you saying it cost you only £10, but happy to sell it to a TFF member for £100.

Is it not a interesting restoration project for you? A new tip would be fantastic

Chevin
Brown Trout

Post by Chevin »

Pafpuff wrote:A little cheeky me thinks, you saying it cost you only £10, but happy to sell it to a TFF member for £100.
:Hahaha: Have to agree
"A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance"

H.T. Sheringham

Champ
Chub

Post by Champ »

MarkG wrote: If anyone wants it for a £100 +pp,
Me too :shocked: ........

Return to “Hardy Cane Rods”