Weir Products Whole cane/greenheart rod

The Other Traditional Rods forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Weir Products Whole cane/greenheart rod

Post by AshbyCut »

Sold alongside another rod, I thought that this interesting rod looked quite tidy and was worth a punt at under £30 inc. delivery.

It's described as a Weir Products, 10' 9" 3 piece, with whole cane butt & mid sections and greenheart top. Better pictures when it arrives.

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Re: Weir Products Whole cane/greenheart rod

Post by Loop Erimder »

Winning bid of £46 +12.50 delivery, I was bidding on those bad boys, wasn't quite quick enough :doh:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Vintage-Can ... true&rt=nc
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

:oops: Sorry Loop, Sir. :oops:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

More than I wanted to pay anyway :Hahaha: Look forward to seeing the end product
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

SkimmingTheCream
Chub

Post by SkimmingTheCream »

I have a 9 foot Weir Product split cane spinning rod that I use when fishing for carp. I've never been able to find much information out about the manufacturers .
If you come across any information on Weir Product rods AC then Id be be very interested to see it.

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

I like the artistry on the decals of weir rods. Bit more interesting than plain script. Looking forward to seeing it AC.
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

It makes me think of the embroidered badges I bought of holiday destinations as a child, but never got around to sewing on to anything :Chuckle:

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Safely arrived today, and the first I've held, the Weir Products rod is actually a very pleasant surprise.

With it's whole cane butt and centre sections, and the greenheart tip, at 10ft 9in it will make a nice little rod when the guides have been replaced. The intermediates are rusty, and while the tip is ceramic lined the butt has been replaced by an unlined intermediate ... so I'll search for one, or maybe better still a matched pair.

The reel is mounted at the butt end ... so fished with the hand above on the handle a la Nottingham style ... so I can see this with my bakelite "ELO" centrepin mounted on it in time.

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

Screw in butt extention AC. None of this fly fishers grip.
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Prince of Durham wrote:Screw in butt extention AC. None of this fly fishers grip.
Already have one, Sir ... thanks to a certain Wallys-Cast !!!

Return to “Other Traditional Cane Rods”