Floatmakers Manual - by Bill Watson

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Mark
Head Bailiff

Floatmakers Manual - by Bill Watson

Post by Mark »

After months of being out bid I finally managed to get hold of a lovely 1st edition which was delivered today.

Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Re: Floatmakers Manual - by Bill Watson

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Brilliant, that'll be very handy mate!!!!!
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Haydn Clarke

Post by Haydn Clarke »

I too had a similar experience with this one. Constantly being sniped last minute.com. Nobby gave me the heads-up on a buy-it-now and I eventually managed to nick a copy for less than a night on the town. I know a few have been disapointed by it but I don't think it's too bad. Is yours paper or hard back, Mark?

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Haydn Clarke wrote:I too had a similar experience with this one. Constantly being sniped last minute.com. Nobby gave me the heads-up on a buy-it-now and I eventually managed to nick a copy for less than a night on the town. I know a few have been disapointed by it but I don't think it's too bad. Is yours paper or hard back, Mark?
It's a paper back Haydn.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Haydn Clarke

Post by Haydn Clarke »

Yep, mine too. I've seen copies of this one go for real, real, silly money. Hard to see why really as it's not the best quality and not the rarest of titles. Must be plenty of people after it....plain old supply and demand, and all that.

Weyfarer

Post by Weyfarer »

Haydn Clarke wrote:Yep, mine too. I've seen copies of this one go for real, real, silly money. Hard to see why really as it's not the best quality and not the rarest of titles. Must be plenty of people after it....plain old supply and demand, and all that.
And over-hyped in my opinion.

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

I love his method of sourcing porcupine quills - rather, I love his description of it - and some of his quips are priceless; they leaven the dough of what could have been a rather dry little book.
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”