Allcocks Feathero

The Allcocks Rods forum.
Roachtench
Ruffe

Re: Allcocks Feathero

Post by Roachtench »

Ref the Feathero - I thought this was my 63 catalogue as its not dated, but it could be the rare 64 catalogue
as per Nobby comments above... though a couple of years on, I’ve just found this post and thought I’d share the pics..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Roachtench
Ruffe

Post by Roachtench »

Reference Ashby Cut comments on Feathero, Mal Sir, I can't see a Feathero listed in any of my 1950s catalogues...

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

I have a 1959 catalogue which contains a "New for 1959" supplement pamphlet. It is listed in this so definitely new in 59 and still showing in 1963. Maybe the price when new (more expensive than the Eclipse) made it the rare rod it is today.

I restored one for Bumble a few years ago and showed it on the forum but the PhotoBucket disaster made the pictures vanish. Heres a couple of pics of Bumbles Feathero, I am not entirely sure if the green, red, black ring whipping proportions are correct as the rod had been rewhipped at some time and I couldn't find pictures of an original one to get them exact but it may help someone in the future doing a restoration on one.

ImageImageImageImage

Wal.

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

Wal fear not the whip colour is irrelevant the fefurb and the cane is sublime bizarrely I just took it from the rod rack to use with your pin next week a marriage made in heaven me thinks
Bumble

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Bumble wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:08 pm Wal fear not the whip colour is irrelevant the fefurb and the cane is sublime bizarrely I just took it from the rod rack to use with your pin next week a marriage made in heaven me thinks
Bumble
Thanks Colin and good luck on your outing.

Just found this picture on the web of an original Feathero. Colours are not too far off.

Wal.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Same colours as the Record Breaker (De-Luxe) which is not in the 66 catalogue but is in the 67 one. And I think built before 1966? So missed a few years?

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

That's interesting...I can't find a Record Breaker Deluxe in my '67 Guide. Am I missing a page? I had thought the Deluxe was uncatalogued.

In my 1969 Shakespeare Catalogue the are doing deals on discontinued Record Breaker BC rods, which I took to mean 'built cane'

There's also a rare float rod with the same three colour whippings, the Super Float.

Return to “Allcocks Cane Rods”