Matt Hayes new centre pin.

The Other Reels forum.
The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Re: Matt Hayes new centre pin.

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Too true, you could be onto something. Take my collection for example, one Mark IV and a 550 cover most of the carp fising options. The Edgar Sealey Roach and Dawsons Sabina has chub and barbel covered and the 11foot float rod covers trotting for grayling and stillwater roach and crucian fishing. So, in reality, I could stop right there. But I won't, no fun in that now is there!?
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Leveller wrote:Here here!

If they're well make enough, you will be able to interchange them, which in effect means you can just carry an extra spool and leave one of the backs at home.
Let us know how you get on with them Sk.
Great thinking!

I'll let you know my thoughts on them. They are actually waiting for me at home, but I am on my way to Stoke to visit the wife's relatives, show off the baby. Will inspect them, give them a spin etc when I return tomorrow.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Davyr

Post by Davyr »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:The Edgar Sealey Roach and Dawsons Sabina has chub and barbel covered
Have you managed to get the Edgar Sealey Roach suitably fettled, then, Stu?

Davyr

Post by Davyr »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote: but I am on my way to Stoke
Presumably that's the village near Andover, rather than the Potteries town near me? :think:

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Yes Davy, the tip ring is rewhipped, rod revarnished and new ferrule fitted. Looking forward to some winter chubbing with it...

And I am on my way to Stoke where they make pots, Biddulph to be exact. A long drive but Corrinna's Nan and aunts and uncles want to see Jessica. Not sure just yet if we will be coming back this evening or staying over...
SK
The Compleat Tangler

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Davyr

Post by Davyr »

Blimey, Biddulph....The preachers who started the Primitive Methodist movement up here in the early 1800s would only ever dare to venture to Biddulph if they were mob-handed and carrying stout cudgels... :shocked:

Actually, I think it's become a bit more civilised since then. But not a lot. :hide:

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

I'll take my chances, besides, I know some of the locals.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Davyr

Post by Davyr »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote: besides, I know some of the locals.
That always helps. :wink:

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

Hope you have an enjoyable visit to Biddulph SK. It's a long way for a return visit in one day. I was bought up not far away, in Cobridge (definitely a step or two below Biddulph). One of my brothers lives in Bidddulph. As a lad I used to fish waters close to Biddulph, Knypersley Reservoir, and the Serpentine (years before they were 'prettified' and became a 'country park').

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Thanks Garry... Lovely round here, very hilly. Just hope I can get a decent cup of tea sharpish!
SK
The Compleat Tangler

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Return to “Other Reels”