Matt Hayes new centre pin.

The Other Reels forum.
The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Re: Matt Hayes new centre pin.

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

I have two winging their way to me...not for trotting though, close in margin work will be their purpose.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:I have two winging their way to me...not for trotting though, close in margin work will be their purpose.

Two?! Now you've got three pins – for different lines?
The Split Cane Splinter Group

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

That's the idea. The Leeds is for my trotting, so will house quite fine line for winter grayling fishing. The fred crouch and these two new ones will host different breaking strains for different situations. I got sick of changing line all the time to cover all situations, this will make life so much easier.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

George387
Crucian Carp

Post by George387 »

SK just be aware that they are having a few returned due to poor Quality Control at the moment, Steve seems to have got a good one but others I've spoke to about them are having to send them back.
Brown Trout maybe Beautiful But Grayling are Gorgeous. "Lets Tackle Cancer" Supporter
The Flee & Float

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

If a third of the run get sent back that's a more limited edition. They've really got to sort themselves out in the quality control department.

BJMason

Post by BJMason »

Hi sk.
I am with you I have several pins because I got fed up changing the line, the trouble is now I am seam to be collecting cane rods to go with the reels so that don't have change them around, just pick up the rod/rods I need that day and go fishing. Lazy or what.
Bernard.

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

Lazy? Certainly not Bernard, I'd prefer to think of it as you maximizing your fishing time. By having an appropriate array of reels on rods ready to go, you don't have to waste time swapping things around. Time is our most valuable commodity and so you are ensuring you spend it wisely. So quite the opposite of lazy.

Right, I'll try that on Mrs GP when I get home from work - though I doubt she will accept it. Specially as she knows I'll be attending the Tackle Fair at Romsey for the first time...

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

A man's bond with his tackle is a beautiful thing, and the more the merrier I say...
SK
The Compleat Tangler

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Leveller
Rudd

Post by Leveller »

Here here!

If they're well make enough, you will be able to interchange them, which in effect means you can just carry an extra spool and leave one of the backs at home.
Let us know how you get on with them Sk.

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:A man's bond with his tackle is a beautiful thing, and the more the merrier I say...

Having keyed and posted a great long list of things I'd like I've been thinking about it a little bit since. To be honest, for the fishing I do, with the exception of a small fly rod, and my big landing net that is wearing out, I have all the gear I'm ever likely to need. I got thinking about the purpose of buying more or becoming better acquainted with that which I already own. This is probably treason to write this here but I think it's possible to have too much fishing tackle. I wonder if it's better to have less, but of a highest quality you can afford and to become knowledgeable of it's characteristics and shortcomings. Just as an example of what I mean, I own three centrepins but I can't Wallis cast…
Last edited by Beresford on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Other Reels”