Rainbow Trout

Re: RIVER WALLINGTON

Post by Bobthefloat »

Well done Moley :Hat: :cheers:

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Wallyboy Rob wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:00 am The Wally can be a beast after a lot of rain Moley, but can be easily tamed by a an angler of your calibre which you have shown us :Hat: well fished that man
Kind words Rob but an angler of my calibre is better at scoffing pies, if truth be told although one ofthe trout caught was geting on for a pound and a half, possibly bigger but not weighed as first thoughts really just to get them back in the river ASAP with no harm done :Hat:

How's your gonk quest going?
Bobthefloat wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:28 pm Well done Moley :Hat: :cheers:
Thanks BTF.....are you still after a reecord gonk?

The National record fish must have been over ten inches long to have weighed what is claimed, with no photographic evidence as far as I can ascertain. Personally I have never seen a ten inch Gonk in all the years I have fished and very much doubt many others have either.....would love to see this veritable behemoth in picture form as the mind boggles at such a creature!

As ever,....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

I did get this one Moley, regurgitated by a Perch :Chuckle:
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Moley wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:31 am
Wallyboy Rob wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:00 am The Wally can be a beast after a lot of rain Moley, but can be easily tamed by a an angler of your calibre which you have shown us :Hat: well fished that man
Kind words Rob but an angler of my calibre is better at scoffing pies, if truth be told although one ofthe trout caught was geting on for a pound and a half, possibly bigger but not weighed as first thoughts really just to get them back in the river ASAP with no harm done :Hat:

The National record fish must have been over ten inches long to have weighed what is claimed, with no photographic evidence as far as I can ascertain. Personally I have never seen a ten inch Gonk in all the years I have fished and very much doubt many others have either.....would love to see this veritable behemoth in picture form as the mind boggles at such a creature!

As ever,....

Moley
The quest was put on Hold Moley Sir as the clutch went on my van and I have been working on another job.
Hoping to pick up where I left off next week!!!!

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Wallyboy Rob wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:43 am Image

Nice.......!

Went to Alver Valley yesterday and went for the roach rather than the ubiquitous mud pigs. Needless to say got trashed twice by two unknown monsters.

Back to the roach caught steadily through the afternoon, despite the efforts of the angler in the next peg, losing count after 40 with the biggest measured at 12inches, so well over a pound by Fatty's rule of thumb. The fact that Fatty was catching roach seemed to delight the two bailiffs doing the rounds and tidying up, good lads. So much so infact they came back to chat for some while and watch procedings. Both nice chaps and when the discussions got to Rudd we had a good chin wag about them, concluding we each liked them a lot :Hat:

The chap in the next peg spent several hours setting up a bivvy, with some noise, then chucked in three bags of boilies, fished for an hour or two and then unbelievably dismantled his bivvy to go home. Suffice to say Fatty was speechless at such nonsense and the introduction of such a lot bait
did not help with fish catching....in point of fact it all slowed down after the bait deluge; only picking up when he left.

The modern carpie encapsulated in one methinks!
Bobthefloat wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:53 pm

As ever,....

Moley
The quest was put on Hold Moley Sir as the clutch went on my van and I have been working on another job.
Good luck Bob but realistically have you seen evidence of 10 inch plus Gonks on your planned venue?

If you do see such a behemoth take his portrait for me as to see such a fish would mean so much. the mind boggles at the thought of such a Gonk.... the Gonk of Gonks :Wink:

As ever,....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Moley wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:08 am
Wallyboy Rob wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:43 am Image

Nice.......!

Went to Alver Valley yesterday and went for the roach rather than the ubiquitous mud pigs. Needless to say got trashed twice by two unknown monsters.

Back to the roach caught steadily through the afternoon, despite the efforts of the angler in the next peg, losing count after 40 with the biggest measured at 12inches, so well over a pound by Fatty's rule of thumb. The fact that Fatty was catching roach seemed to delight the two bailiffs doing the rounds and tidying up, good lads. So much so infact they came back to chat for some while and watch procedings. Both nice chaps and when the discussions got to Rudd we had a good chin wag about them, concluding we each liked them a lot :Hat:

The chap in the next peg spent several hours setting up a bivvy, with some noise, then chucked in three bags of boilies, fished for an hour or two and then unbelievably dismantled his bivvy to go home. Suffice to say Fatty was speechless at such nonsense and the introduction of such a lot bait
did not help with fish catching. In point of fact it all slowed down after the bait deluge; only picking up when he left.

The modern carpie encapsulated in one methinks!
Bobthefloat wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:53 pm

As ever,....

Moley
Good luck Bob but realistically have you seen evidence of 10 inch plus Gonks on your planned venue?

If you do see such a behemoth take his portrait for me as to see such a fish would mean so much. the mind boggles at the thought of such a Gonk.... the Gonk of Gonks :Wink:

As ever,....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

https://www.advnture.com/news/record-gudgeon
The Anglers mail also reported this :shocked:

Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

They're bigger in the Wally :whistle:

Moley try lakeside for Roach and Rudd, the Rudd are a stunning colour, SK had some lovely Roach from there a few years back around the point (swims 55-57)
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Wallyboy Rob wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:23 pm They're bigger in the Wally :whistle:

Moley try lakeside for Roach and Rudd, the Rudd are a stunning colour, SK had some lovely Roach from there a few years back around the point (swims 55-57)
But never any pictures of said beasts

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Bobthefloat wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:03 pm
Wallyboy Rob wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:23 pm They're bigger in the Wally :whistle:

But never any pictures of said beasts
Personally the biggest Gonk to fall to Fatty is 7and half inches from the Lodden, the biggest from the Wally is 7 and a quarter inches. Would dearly love to catch a fabled 8 or more. Fatty does have photographic evidence to back his claims and will look them out when time allows. :Thumb:

Rob, have strolled round Lakeside but found it noisey from the M27 with strange parking arrangements....maybe too complicated to work out from the booklet for Fatty. :Hat:

(By the by what has happened to SK.....he seems to have dropped off from the PADAS radar?)

Also the place has the look of a carp water so will need to take a closer look to support my thoughts. Soake at Denmead may be worth a look but again the booking system seems a bit convoluted and takes away spontaneity a bit.

Liked Alver Valley but getting in and out was time consuming and avoiding runners and dog walkers onthe road was fun but suspect will fish this more as the AM lives just over the road and it is near a very good Chip Shop....

On that thought of splendid Haddock and Chips time to go.

As ever,.....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Return to “Other Rivers”