Fishing with Chris Yates in 2014 (eBay auction)

This forum belongs to Chris Yates.
Wandler

Re: Fishing with Chris Yates in 2014 (eBay auction)

Post by Wandler »

I have heard of charity. I read about it first in First Corinthians Chapter 13.

I think it is something which should be done in secret and found out about only by accident.

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

An excellent Charitable cause and an excellent day I am equally sure for whomever has succesfully won this auction.
Well done to the creativity of the Charity organiser and well done to the good Mr Yates - whom I have never met and I suspect never will regrettably but there you go - nevertheless well done for having the decency to contribute precious time to help support others. That, Gentlemen is what this Festive Season should be about...helping those less able to help themselves....

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Barbulus wrote:An excellent Charitable cause and an excellent day I am equally sure for whomever has succesfully won this auction.
Well done to the creativity of the Charity organiser and well done to the good Mr Yates - whom I have never met and I suspect never will regrettably but there you go - nevertheless well done for having the decency to contribute precious time to help support others. That, Gentlemen is what this Festive Season should be about...helping those less able to help themselves....
Hear hear. :Hat:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

I wish I had bid really if mrs loop can buy shoes for more than that surely I could have a day with Chris. Memories last longer than stoopid shoes
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Danny Boy
Arctic Char

Post by Danny Boy »

my wife has 5 pairs of them uggly boots which is equal to a nice barder rod :Cry:
I go fishing not to find myself...but to lose myself

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

T31000 wrote:my wife has 5 pairs of them uggly boots which is equal to a nice barder rod :Cry:
My Mrs walks round in bare feet and I have a B. James Carp and Avon cane rod. :Hahaha:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Hamburger
Rudd

Post by Hamburger »

@Wandler:
I have never been a fan of anyone.
But you could consider me a real fan of Chris Yates. If you'd ask me if I have an idol regarding fishing, it would be C.Y.. He influenced my approach towards the sport fundamentally. Before I watched A.P.f.A. I hardly gave the pleasure-aspect in angling any thought. I definitely enjoyed fishing, but unconciously. Now the enjoy-factor is predominant when I go angling. When I bundle up my tackle, first thoughts are about what to eat and what to drink and what would be the most enjoyable place to go. Where's my Kelly Kettle? (I didn't know this ingenious gadget before A.P.f.A.) I occupy myself a lot more with subjects like birds, flowers, insects and reptiles I find along the water. Thanks to C.Y. And I learned from him about the beauty and simplicity of centre pin reels and the amenities of split cane rods.
Regarding fashion: Since I'm fuddy-duddy, anyway, his style in country clothing was an epiphany to me. Of course! This is how I should dress, when going fishing!
I'm not into Football, so I don't wear a club-scarf or a funny jeans waistcoat covered with various colourful knittingware. I wear a norfolk jacket as a formal sign of my allegiance and because of its elegance. I like the feel and look of this jacket. I'm so old fashioned I even ware Knickerbockers. Believe it or not.
I love his writing. He has a great gift for storytelling - a very fluent read. Simple language but a deepness of thought at the same time. In my humble opinion C.Y. is the best contemporary writer of fishing-stories. Full stop.
I said goodbye to what I knew and embraced the ways of old, with it taking on the attitude that big isn't best.

Stuart Harris, 'From Carbon to Cane'

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Mark wrote:
T31000 wrote:my wife has 5 pairs of them uggly boots which is equal to a nice barder rod :Cry:
My Mrs walks round in bare feet and I have a B. James Carp and Avon cane rod. :Hahaha:
Thats why she walks round in bare feet
And thats why you don't have a Barder

:Hahaha: :Hahaha:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

So does the good Mrs Barbulus even in this somewhat unsettled Winter weather but sadly I do not have the said cane B James Avon rod....Grrrrrrrr....Ha Ha...never mind....I salute and celebrate the winner and remain in thanks for Mr Yates bringing to life through his superb books a rich and deep love of fishing that I enjoy reading even a generation after he wrote the first....that is the mark of literary recognition I feel and might help perhaps answer the implicit question of the earlier post of what it is to understand...................

Hoppy-Doffton
Perch

Post by Hoppy-Doffton »

I have never Hero worshipped anyone, but I truly believe Chris Yates is the best thing that has happened to angling. I'm sure that his approach to the sport has changed more than a few peoples opinion of it, or altered the way many of us on this forum fish in some way.
To enjoy our sport as it should be enjoyed, our surroundings must be beautiful, for your true angler enjoys nature as much as he enjoys fishing. "BB"

Return to “Chris Yates”