Drennan Double Strength line question.

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
BarbelBonce

Re: Drennan Double Strength line question.

Post by BarbelBonce »

Red Creel wrote:I understand Martin Bowler is a big fan of Double Strength, certainly read a few articles of his where he is using it as a mainline in the higher breaking strains.
The cynic in me asks who his sponsors are.....

On the strength of this thread I have just received two spools of the Dip Chromium Pro in the .148 & .165 gauges as I need a good sinking line. Italiafishing (on the well-known auction web-site) gave fantastic service. Couldn't be happier with them and anticipate visiting them again.
I think that part of the attraction is because they offer stuff that is pretty rare in the UK. 'Spose one doesn't want to be one of the herd and trying things a little different is always attractive.

St.John
Tench

Post by St.John »

I've been using the fly leeder. Pretty happy, but getting kinks out isn't as easy As with some line. Good strength to width though.
"Be patient and calm-for no man can catch fish in anger."

SeanM
Tench

Post by SeanM »

BarbelBonce wrote:
Red Creel wrote:I understand Martin Bowler is a big fan of Double Strength, certainly read a few articles of his where he is using it as a mainline in the higher breaking strains.
The cynic in me asks who his sponsors are.....

On the strength of this thread I have just received two spools of the Dip Chromium Pro in the .148 & .165 gauges as I need a good sinking line. Italiafishing (on the well-known auction web-site) gave fantastic service. Couldn't be happier with them and anticipate visiting them again.
I think that part of the attraction is because they offer stuff that is pretty rare in the UK. 'Spose one doesn't want to be one of the herd and trying things a little different is always attractive.
Do you see what I mean about the spooling BB?
Quot homines, tot sententiae.

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”