THE Book

This forum belongs to Chris Yates.
StalkingLuke
Crucian Carp

Re: THE Book

Post by StalkingLuke »

Thanks for the report DGC I wish I could have made it and I'm yet to get the book.

There is a bit more here-
http://caughtbytheriver.net/2012/04/nig ... more-19004

VFC - anything Deakin-esque is fine with me as of course there can sadly never be any more of the real thing.

I also agree with taking the kids out for night time walks once they get above a certain age and can actually listen it's magical. We camp as much as we can and were kept awake one night last year by the singing of a nitghtingale not far from our tent, a memory I will hold for ever.
Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

My signed copy came this morning. :thumb:

Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Mark wrote:My signed copy came this morning. :thumb:
OOOOhhhh that means mine might of come too, i'm sure i'll know when the missus gets home :notlisterning: :chuckle:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Very nice Mark.... :thumb:

And a great account dgc. I think I'm going to like this book, especially as I love BB's non-fishing work.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Colonelgsc
Roach

Post by Colonelgsc »

As if by magic, just received the following, if anyone is within 'radio earshot'

STOP PRESS – LATEST NEWS

Saturday 9th June, 9.15 a.m. – listen to a live telephone interview with Chris Yates on local radio (in Devon), Heart 96.2 and 97.3.

I'll try tuning my DAB thingey as I head down the M6 towards Lechlade.

"If you can wait, and not be tired of waiting......" Kipling

PondPikey

Post by PondPikey »

Thanks colonel, alarm set!

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

I shall also be travelling to Lechlade to the TFF meeting so will miss it. No DAB thingey in my car just FM.:cry:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

BobH

Post by BobH »

Since I recieved this book I have read it over and over again.

As many of you know I have not been very well and this book has made me smile when I really needed something to smile about.

Well done Chris on a brilliant little book that many pertetual Night Fisherman will have sympathy with, but how come he never went down a Rabbit hole and/or twisted his ankle like so many of us who wander about in the dark do ?

Bob

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

BobH wrote:Since I recieved this book I have read it over and over again.

As many of you know I have not been very well and this book has made me smile when I really needed something to smile about.

Well done Chris on a brilliant little book that many pertetual Night Fisherman will have sympathy with, but how come he never went down a Rabbit hole and/or twisted his ankle like so many of us who wander about in the dark do ?

Bob
Perhaps he did Bob, but he has to keep something back for the next book... :wink:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

BobH

Post by BobH »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:
BobH wrote:Since I recieved this book I have read it over and over again.

Bob
Perhaps he did Bob, but he has to keep something back for the next book... :wink:
SK,
You could be right, but he started the book in 1971, I'm sure he must have a few stories about trips to the local A&E :wink:

Bob

Return to “Chris Yates”