Loake Shoes

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
GhyllManor
Grayling

Re: Loake Shoes

Post by GhyllManor »

GazTheAngler wrote:GM,

Ah sawdust tourist bait! The best/worst pub for that was the Clarence in Whitehall in the 80's early 90's ground floor was completely sawdust covered back then.

I as in the Grafton last week, great pub.

Do they still use sawdust??

Ted

BendSomeCane
Crucian Carp

Post by BendSomeCane »

hello , i have several pairs and one ive had for work and worn every day since jan 2011 , brilliant well made english shoes , if you res oel on a regular basis theyll last for years. Ive trickers too but prefer my loakes eevry time.

BSC
http://bendsomecane.blogspot.com/
By the grace of god a Yorkist

John Milford

Post by John Milford »

Robbi wrote:Traditional hand made English leather shoes.

I love Loake shoes :)

Does anyone else wear them ?

Or any other Traditional hand made shoe ?
I'm a big fan of Loakes too Robbi, especially their 1880 range. To my slight embarrassment I've totted up that I have thirteen pairs of Loakes shoes or boots (no comparisons to Imelda Marcos please!). The only Loakes I'd wear fishing are my 'Specials' exclusive to a shop on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh. These are like the 1880 'Chester' brogues, but in full grain leather and with Goodyear welted Dianite Commando soles. (A slightly more practical proposition than my white calf leather Joseph Cheaney loafers :Cool: ).

I have about the same number of Doctor Martens, although only one pair of their iconic 1461 boots. DM's 'Made in England' shoes are superb - up there with Loakes and Barkers.

Does anyone else have more pairs of shoes than their missus? :oops:

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

John Milford wrote:
Robbi wrote:Traditional hand made English leather shoes.

I love Loake shoes :)

Does anyone else wear them ?

Or any other Traditional hand made shoe ?
I'm a big fan of Loakes too Robbi, especially their 1880 range. To my slight embarrassment I've totted up that I have thirteen pairs of Loakes shoes or boots (no comparisons to Imelda Marcos please!). The only Loakes I'd wear fishing are my 'Specials' exclusive to a shop on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh. These are like the 1880 'Chester' brogues, but in full grain leather and with Goodyear welted Dianite Commando soles. (A slightly more practical proposition than my white calf leather Joseph Cheaney loafers :Cool: ).

I have about the same number of Doctor Martens, although only one pair of their iconic 1461 boots. DM's 'Made in England' shoes are superb - up there with Loakes and Barkers.

Does anyone else have more pairs of shoes than their missus? :oops:
Me.. Loads more :Sun:

John Milford

Post by John Milford »

Reedling wrote: Me.. Loads more :Sun:
Good show! :Thumb:

Robbi
Tench

Post by Robbi »

I'd like to see your "specials" John, they sound just what I need ! are they available anywhere ?

Robbi
"In the back roads by the rivers of my memory"

Parabolic
Dace

Post by Parabolic »

I wear Loake and Barker.

Both very good, but I feel the latter have the edge.

John Milford

Post by John Milford »

Robbi wrote:I'd like to see your "specials" John, they sound just what I need ! are they available anywhere ?

Robbi
I've got these Robbi - Loake Special No.3. My normal shoe size is 10 but all my Loakes are 9 1/2 as they are a generous fit. Availability can be a bit patchy but they are listed on Amazon and eBay at intervals.

A good alternative might be these, Loake 'Adams' brougues:

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

My son purchased a pair of these brogues for his wedding last year, he is a 10 but in Loakes he was fitted with a 9 1/2. He was told the cut of the shoe is like this. I still need to get my self a nice pair of Royals. :Thumb:

Parabolic
Dace

Post by Parabolic »

I can heartily recommend James Shoes in Newcastle Upon Tyne for Loakes (and others). They offer a good discount and excellent service.

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”