Book of Chris Yates Photographs?

This forum belongs to Chris Yates.
Barbulus
Tench

Re: Book of Chris Yates Photographs?

Post by Barbulus »

Absolutely priceless ! Thank you for sharing that marvellous anecdote. I confess, I did often wonder whether it was a Guards Regiment or something else maybe even one of those photographs that have little black rectangles to obscure the actual face........

Barbulus

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Brilliant Colonel, loved that. :Hat:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Excellent! I would love to see the actual photo. I wonder what the book was...
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

Prince of Durham wrote:Good job he caught the Bishop if that's the stamp of his work, they're rubbish.
Must admit they don't look like CY's work. There is another Chris Yates who is a professional photographer - http://www.chrisyatesphotography.co.uk/about.php - those Dick Francis photos might be his? Just a thought.

Colonelgsc
Roach

Post by Colonelgsc »

I have in my hand a rather delightful volume, ' Carp in Focus...a photographic compilation', ISBN 1 871700 04 3. This has a collection of the honourable Yates's images, in the section 'Redmire Impressions'. I'm not aware of any other examples purely of his photographic work though.

"If you can wait, and not be tired of waiting......" Kipling

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Lovely book Colonel - I have it in front of me too.... I love the Paul Gummer images.
GP the Dick Francis covers are "our" Yates. There's also (rather disconcertingly!) a Chris Yates who is a "civil aviation expert" who gets wheeled out by the Today Programme for comment every time there is a plane crash....

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Skeff wrote:Lovely book Colonel - I have it in front of me too.... I love the Paul Gummer images.
GP the Dick Francis covers are "our" Yates. There's also (rather disconcertingly!) a Chris Yates who is a "civil aviation expert" who gets wheeled out by the Today Programme for comment every time there is a plane crash....
When our children were younger and we were looking for a party entertainer I found a clown called Chris Yates - I never called him but always wondered!
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Colonelgsc
Roach

Post by Colonelgsc »

Barbulus wrote:Absolutely priceless ! Thank you for sharing that marvellous anecdote. I confess, I did often wonder whether it was a Guards Regiment or something else maybe even one of those photographs that have little black rectangles to obscure the actual face........

Barbulus
I was in the SAS division of the Boy Scouts, but never progressed further than that :Chuckle:

"If you can wait, and not be tired of waiting......" Kipling

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

Skeff wrote: GP the Dick Francis covers are "our" Yates. There's also (rather disconcertingly!) a Chris Yates who is a "civil aviation expert" who gets wheeled out by the Today Programme for comment every time there is a plane crash....
Must have been an off day, or perhaps he had 'urgent business' at Bernithan :Happy: Yes, I've heard the 'civil aviation' Yates on the radio - a bit disconcerting at first!

TemeLAD
Crucian Carp

Post by TemeLAD »

What a great recount Colonel - you painted a fragrant picture with your words :Hat:
"I can't wait to buy a bamboo pole and a filament of line and a tube of breadcrumbs. I want to participate in this practice which allows a man to be alone with himself in dignity and peace. It seems a very precious thing to me".

John Steinbeck

Return to “Chris Yates”