Efgeeco Telescopic Rod Rests

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
MGs
Pike

Re: Efgeeco Telescopic Rod Rests

Post by MGs »

Being more sensible, could it be for one of the old style swinging arm bite indicators?
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Robbi
Tench

Post by Robbi »

it could be for attaching a bite indicator to.
"In the back roads by the rivers of my memory"

Robbi
Tench

Post by Robbi »

:)

must type faster !
"In the back roads by the rivers of my memory"

TemeLAD
Crucian Carp

Post by TemeLAD »

Thanks chaps, your feedback is very much appreciated - what confused me was the evidence of a perfect colour matched paint over part of the weld so I assumed it was as purchased. Like the idea of it being for the attachment of a bite indicator. That said I also like the idea of a cup holder :Ok:
"I can't wait to buy a bamboo pole and a filament of line and a tube of breadcrumbs. I want to participate in this practice which allows a man to be alone with himself in dignity and peace. It seems a very precious thing to me".

John Steinbeck

Woolly Bear
Chub

Post by Woolly Bear »

Its probably a perch for a kingfisher , :Hahaha: Kindest regards . Woolly Bear . :Chuckle:

Fisherman1947
Dace

Post by Fisherman1947 »

You are missing a few bits.

This is my first post. This was my late father's it might be from the late 50s early 60s.

Old fishermen never die they only smell that way.

TemeLAD
Crucian Carp

Post by TemeLAD »

Welcome to the forum Fisherman1947 and thanks for posting - good to see that it was an original fitting but even with the extra bits on show I am still perplexed as to what the additional cross piece was used for? :Hat:
"I can't wait to buy a bamboo pole and a filament of line and a tube of breadcrumbs. I want to participate in this practice which allows a man to be alone with himself in dignity and peace. It seems a very precious thing to me".

John Steinbeck

Macdescruple

Post by Macdescruple »

Its very interesting, maybe (just maybe) the rod rest was also used to anchor a keepnet ?
I could see the "sidearm" screwing into the top ring of the keepnet and the rod rest then sitting above it ?
Just a thought.

Chevin
Brown Trout

Post by Chevin »

What are the small legs in the picture, do they attach to the rod rest to create a tripod
"A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance"

H.T. Sheringham

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

I remember selling them. It is what many would call a 'stage stand' these days.

The front rest extends out.

A short back rest sits in the bit that is confusing you and two little legs helped to support it all.

Good old Frank Goddard and Co' (Efgeeco - just for the record in case others didn't know) they did some cracking products for the time.

The Efgeeco representative in our area was a chap called Jim (from memory but ashamedly can't remember his second name). A terrific character who looked like he had just stepped out of his Spitfire!

I found it sad when Sundridge Tackle took them over and slowly some of their well known designs were given the Chinese treatment.

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”