Cases/pouches for centrepins

The Other Reels forum.
Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Re: Cases/pouches for centrepins

Post by Loop Erimder »

davyr wrote:Is there a story behind that, Loop? Or did they just become "surplus to requirements"?
The missus father picked a bag of fishing bits and pieces up at a church fete, mainly fly stuff, and in there were two of those cases unfortunately minus the hardy reels but there was an intrepid rimfly with spare spool. I cleaned them up and flogged them, for a tenner each I think.
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:I have a couple of lovely wooden presentation boxes with super crimson trim for sale...... :wink:
How much?
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Haydn Clarke

Post by Haydn Clarke »

I've got one of the Bison ones. Well made and nice soft sheep skin inside for protection. Look the part and good value for money.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Beresford wrote:
The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:I have a couple of lovely wooden presentation boxes with super crimson trim for sale...... :wink:
How much?
£60 each and comes with a free reel :chuckle:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Davyr

Post by Davyr »

Snape wrote: Thanks for these ljm :hat:
And from me too! :thumb:

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Beresford wrote:
How much?
It was a tongue in cheek joke......sorry. :oops:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

CrayCane
Chub

Post by CrayCane »

The Bison soft leather ones are great value for money. I use them for some of my fly reels.

Pete

Davyr

Post by Davyr »

I've ordered one of the Bison cases - thanks for the tip and the recommendations! :thumb:

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

@ Loop
:hahaha:

@SK
No problems I wondered why you were getting rid of them. I wouldn't travel with a pin in a flimsy case myself just incase it got knocked. I use one of those very heavy leather cases or a wooden box. The thing is my father made me a beautiful oak dovetailed box for my best pin. The box is so lovely and precious to me I dare not take it out so I need a 'field box'.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Return to “Other Reels”