Can anyone identify this, Please?

The Other Reels forum.
Chavender
Eel

Re: Can anyone identify this, Please?

Post by Chavender »

Here is what was described as a moores patent (patent as in patent pending rather than its name) centrepin ,this one was said too date from the thirties when advertised on e-bay

the build isn't quite as good as a youngs as bits look crude in comparrison ,but solid enough ,and like the one above the same bearings arrangement and other bits thats familier too the reel in qurestion .the moores patent does have a simple rim lever operated ratchet although the spring appears missing .upon closer inspection of my pictures i'd be 80% sure yours is a moores just a different model .
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! Steve

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

There are internet references to reels made by Moore's of Liverpool ... like this one ...

http://www.mullocksauctions.co.uk/lot-1 ... alloy.html

and this ...

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/VINT ... 62694.html
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

Brilliant, Chavender, many thanks! That arrangement of the handles is so unusual that I'd put it at 99.5%.
Thanks, too, Ashby Cut; if I ever let it go , I'll link that auction result to the ad!
Ain't this site brilliaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant!?
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Return to “Other Reels”