Waterlog Magazine

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Snape
Bailiff

Re: Waterlog Magazine

Post by Snape »

farliesbirthday wrote:I no longer subscribe to Classic Angling, mainly as a cost cutting measure. Personally, I find the publication too transatlantic at times, as it keeps one eye on the American/Canadian market; and at other times it is too focussed on the vintage tackle collector. Auction room accounts are a bore, generally speaking!
John Bailey writes for it, and writes well; but generally speaking the mag is "too much kit and not enough fishing."
Sounds like it should be called 'classic tackle' rather than 'classic angling'
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Re: Waterlog Magazine

Post by Gary Bills »

Snape wrote:
farliesbirthday wrote:I no longer subscribe to Classic Angling, mainly as a cost cutting measure. Personally, I find the publication too transatlantic at times, as it keeps one eye on the American/Canadian market; and at other times it is too focussed on the vintage tackle collector. Auction room accounts are a bore, generally speaking!
John Bailey writes for it, and writes well; but generally speaking the mag is "too much kit and not enough fishing."
Sounds like it should be called 'classic tackle' rather than 'classic angling'
I fear so, Snape - it just needs a few more active anglers to get on board: there's a slightly sterile feel to the magazine..

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”