Chapman 500 Avon

The Chapmans Rods forum.
Santiago
Wild Carp

Re: Chapman 500 Avon

Post by Santiago »

Have you the opportunity to give it a waggle and a look over before buying??! If so and all is well then it may be a good buy; especially if you really want one!!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

I lost yours Santiago as you know. In this case I know the seller. I bought already one rod from him and told him I would only buy it if in perfect condition. I am unfortunately not living in UK so the opportunity to hold a rod and check it is not given to me. I would like a 10ft. Avon alike rod and as the B.James or whatsoever high ranked MKIV are too far away from my pocket I thought of the chapman 500 where I could order a spare tip section if ever possible.
If you know another source for Chapman 500's I would be very happy!

Christopher
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

If you know the seller and trust him that it's in perfect condition then go for it, and then enjoy using it!! Life's too short to quibble and debate over a few quid saved here or there!!!! I got lucky and I'm sure you will.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

GhyllManor
Grayling

Post by GhyllManor »

OldTackle wrote:I lost yours Santiago as you know. In this case I know the seller. I bought already one rod from him and told him I would only buy it if in perfect condition. I am unfortunately not living in UK so the opportunity to hold a rod and check it is not given to me. I would like a 10ft. Avon alike rod and as the B.James or whatsoever high ranked MKIV are too far away from my pocket I thought of the chapman 500 where I could order a spare tip section if ever possible.

Christopher
There a a couple on ebay, one has a short tip so needs a replacement! I don't know how much a new top section would be? Good luck anyway, I can vouch for their performance, great rods.

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

GhyllManor wrote:
OldTackle wrote:I lost yours Santiago as you know. In this case I know the seller. I bought already one rod from him and told him I would only buy it if in perfect condition. I am unfortunately not living in UK so the opportunity to hold a rod and check it is not given to me. I would like a 10ft. Avon alike rod and as the B.James or whatsoever high ranked MKIV are too far away from my pocket I thought of the chapman 500 where I could order a spare tip section if ever possible.

Christopher
There a a couple on ebay, one has a short tip so needs a replacement! I don't know how much a new top section would be? Good luck anyway, I can vouch for their performance, great rods.
Won't touch the bay anymore. 6 invaluable rods talk for themselves.

NiceRoach
Eel

Post by NiceRoach »

GhyllManor wrote:
NiceRoach wrote:it's a yes from me :Thumb: i've got a pair of 500's :fish:
Ditto, both restored by our own Wallys Cast.
One of mine by Wallys Cast the other by Jason White. :fish:
niceroach

Nol78

Post by Nol78 »

My tonkin for rodbuilding is coming in he next few days.
I will be making a chapman 500 for myself as a first rod.

I would be happy to make a seccond tip section and send it to you for the rod on the bay, if you decided to go for it.
You would only have to put the ferruls and rodrings on it yourself, but the tip i will make and send free of charge..

Nol

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Danny Boy wrote:in a nutshell no ,you can get a nice early 550 for around £130-150.
I would pay no more than about £120 for it ,now if it was a dennis pye that's a different matter all together.
hope this helps
What,s a Denis Pye selling for ?

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

Nol78 wrote:My tonkin for rodbuilding is coming in he next few days.
I will be making a chapman 500 for myself as a first rod.

I would be happy to make a seccond tip section and send it to you for the rod on the bay, if you decided to go for it.
You would only have to put the ferruls and rodrings on it yourself, but the tip i will make and send free of charge..

Nol
What a great offer Nol !!! I saw on Chapman's page what a tip section on other rods will cost and a tip section for a 500 would be higher I suppose as they don't have 500's in stock. This turns the page a little. I will see how high it goes. I have another offer in the backhand from a trustful guy. I would have to sell something of my other hobby stuff to be able to buy it but it might be worth it as I got him to the point to agree a full recharge plus parcel costs if I might be unhappy with it. In knowledge that there would be a replacement for a tip section so nearby is quite nice in both cases. Of course I would pay for it. Would be great to have such an replacement to hand so I would highly appreciate to have one as zoo as I decided for a 500. We stay in contact Nol?

Regards,
Christopher

Nol78

Post by Nol78 »

I will be on the forum for a while so take your time. lol

I will make you a top for them if needed.

Nol

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”