European fixed spool reeels

The Other Reels forum.
Snoekjaeger

Re: European fixed spool reeels

Post by Snoekjaeger »

Hi,

These are not from my collection, just a picture I took from the internet.
It is actually from the French book on Luxor reels :
Les Moulinets Luxor by Jean-Noël Bohn et Philippe Sossong.
Over the last years a lot of effort has been put in describing all the different French reels,
so book have been written on Peerless-BAM, Luxor, Mepps, Bretton, and on French reels in general (e.g. "Les moulinets Français" by Caminade and another one by another author).
But they are only available in French to my knowledge.

Jean-Paul

PondLife
Perch

Post by PondLife »

I agree with mark they are amazing looking reels. Looks like i'm going to have to learn french when i acquire a copy of that book. Kind regards, Pondlife.

Greentura
Crucian Carp

Post by Greentura »

i have a pair of Peerless BAM 310 french reels, just bigger than a mitchell 300 and just as basic but with the bonus of a skirted spool, found them good carp and pike reels but too agricultural for float fishing

Snoekjaeger

Post by Snoekjaeger »

Greentura wrote:i have a pair of Peerless BAM 310 french reels, just bigger than a mitchell 300 and just as basic but with the bonus of a skirted spool, found them good carp and pike reels but too agricultural for float fishing
Did you know Peerless-Bam is still making reels in France, they must be one of the last European manufacturers. Their latest range of Ocean fishing reels still look a lot like the old models just a little fancier (and a lot more expensive...). Take a look at the deluxe Oceane series...
http://www.peerless-bam.com/index.php?p ... wooden-box
Full catalog (also available in English I think) can be downloaded here
http://www.peerless-bam.com/?page=home

Jean-Paul

Return to “Other Reels”