As near to the past as I could get

The Other Reels forum.
Kingfisher
Catfish

Re: As near to the past as I could get

Post by Kingfisher »

That's exactly like one I bought in 1984 for £2.99 from one of those post offices wales has that sells everything. They had loads of draws full of flies, floats, spinners....etc, a real alladin's cave.

I can't remember what happened to the reel now but it caught lots of fish from the river.

Thanks Alan, for the memory. :Hat:

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Woolly Bear
Chub

Post by Woolly Bear »

Its not the size that matters , its the fun you get catching fish with it that counts , let us all know what you catch with it . Regards . Woolly Bear . :Hat:

Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Here you are MD if you want to have a go with one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261044097718? ... 1439.l2649.

Looking at it again now it looks like Czech work, They have good pressing and stamping works, most Czech manufacture is good.

That Tokoz site was interesting Ashby, didn't know of them as tackle manufacturers, but then in the 1930's they would be exporting all over, the World seemed lovely then, when i was a kid in the 1930's metal toy wind up cars were nearly all made in Germany, I certainly had a few, I remember one being a model of a "model T Ford", loved it.

Alan

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

Crikey, I fished with a reel like that as a kid. My dad cut a rod out of a poplar branch put some rings on it made out of safety pins and taped a reel just like that to it.
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

There's a section in Maurice Pledger's book "While my float is still cocked" that talks of re-aquiring one of these reels and going after barbel with it.

Entertaining if nothing else.

I too bought one from that shop find as I try to replicate all the gear I had as a kid.

Return to “Other Reels”