Flow

The Allcocks Rods forum.
MvdB
Stickleback

Flow

Post by MvdB »

The last weeks have been dominated by hollow glass rods from hardy. I have already mentioned that I have bowed down to the Carp No1 and the Avon. These are rods that come from an inheritance in a family where only the father fished.
The only son and the rest of the immediate family had not caught the bug of fishing.

So selling was the message. The first two rods come from this legacy. The son was also kind enough to bring them to me. We had a nice short chat and I checked if there were any other rods. This was the case with a 6ft Hardy fibalite spinning rod and the Hardy swingtip. Bought them again and as icing on the cake he also brought a Hardy landing net.
So now I could go in many directions to have fun with my new material on the waterfront.

Somewhere in my head it started to nag. I have two beautiful float rods that I am not going to elaborate on here ( wrong material )
After reading a lot about these types of rods, I couldn't get one rod out of my head: the Hardy matchmaker 13'. The search could begin and ended in Germany.

Almost new and with hardy blue bag. What more could you want... I didn't want to but he also had a Hardy fibalite spinning 7/8lb that could go. So the big brother of my little fibalite spinning. I had to think about this for a while because a euro is also a euro. Even meant half an hour and we agreed. Five days later, two more blue bags were delivered.

The title of this short letter should be called ' I'm in the flow '. In the flow of Hardy, hollow glass and traditional English. To start with 2 centerpins. Just a revelation to be able to hold on and try them out tomorrow, when it finally stops raining.

Some may now think this writing does not belong here, however...
I will upload a few pictures of two rods that are here in front of me and that I will be staring at all evening. I'm in the flow...yes I am.

Mike

MvdB
Stickleback

Re: Flow

Post by MvdB »

P1150170klein.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

A marvellous collection of rods there sir, I’m sure you’ll have fun using them… :Hat: :Thumb:
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Very nice indeed.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Return to “Allcocks Cane Rods”